Chapter 30 ~ Taking Orders.

Ash's P.O.V

Have you ever woken up with the feeling that something bad was going to happen? It's like something churning in your stomach, and you don't know how to make it stop. 

That's how I felt. Not exactly the best start to the summer. 

Trying to ignore it, I got up and made myself an normal breakfast on this normal day, putting up with normal people problems and sitting in my own oblivion for almost the entire day. Ross was filming the whole day, and to be honest, it was nice not to have to deal with him for once.  

I wasn't sure where I stood with Ross, we'd always understood each other, it'd had always been a two-sided relationship. And I just wasn't sure of that anymore. I felt like in a split second, he went from trying to grow our relationship, to him pushing me away and attempting to control me. It just wasn't him, he's never been like this. 

I'd tried to get answers, and to no avail. But I was more determined than ever. 

I called Mark and Stormie, but neither answered. I tried Rydel, nothing. I figured I'd try the one person who was always there when I needed them. Riker. 

In no time, he was at my front door. It was nice knowing I could count on him again. 

"After our last talk, I tried to as much of an explanation I could, but Rydel wasn't talking much," he said, seemingly on the same page as me. 

"Any info you've got will help. God, I just don't get it. What's going on with her?" I asked.

"Well, Ross clearly did something to piss her off, and it wasn't just running away, because she was the most eager for him to come home, then out of nowhere, she flips and doesn't wanna even look at him." 

"What could he have done? He was with me half the time and he never called home or did something there that would have made her mad." I said. 

"I know, my guess is that it's something he did a long time ago, that she's only now finding out about." 

"What did she say to you? Anything that could indicate what it was?" 

"I asked her why she was so angry at him, and all she did was go on and on about how he is no good, unreliable and selfish." 

"That could mean anything thought." I sighed. 

"Do you think it has something to do with Tom? I don't know if they're still together, but if they're not, maybe Ross had something to do with it." 

"I don' think so, I spoke to Tom a while back about breaking things off with her and he said that he was going to, but because she didn't trust him. Tom said he'd give her another chance but I don't know if he did." 

"Call him." He said. I grabbed my phone off the kitchen counter and dialed his number. 

"Hey Ash, how are you?" His peppy voice answered. 

"Hey, are you and Rydel still going out?" I got straight to the point.

"Uh, no. Ash, we broke up ages ago. Where have you been?" He laughed. 

"Oh, sorry, I just thought you were giving things a second go. My bad." 

"I only agreed to that if you got back together with Ross, and since you didn't I figured it was time to end things." 

"Okay, well, Ross and I did get back together, actually." 

"Really? That's great, Ash, congrats. But I'm not gotta try to patch things up with her."

"I wouldn't expect you too. But you wouldn't, by any chance, know why she's be really mad at Ross, would you?" 

"I really don't know, maybe 'cause you two got back together?"