Chapter 18 ~ Just Like Old Times.

Ash's P.O.V

"So, you saw an Indian on the screen, and fainted?" Riker asked, elbows on his knees, listening intently. 

"I assume so. It's this thing going on with my head, something about my parent's death, or something." 

"Or something? Ash, have you spoken to anyone about this? Gotten help?" He asked. 

"Yes," I said, not knowing how much I wanted to tell him, "I've spoken to doctors, but I don't really want help. I don't want to know about my parents, and I most certainly don't want to talk about them to some therapist that gets paid by the hour." 

Riker sighed. "You really scared me, you know. Does Ross know about all this?"

"No, you're the first person I've told." I admitted. His phone buzzed, he looked down at it.

'I've gotta go home. You should come, stay the night at our place." 

"I don't need talking care or, Riker." I curled my toes. 

"Do you remember that night, it was raining and I picked you up in my SUV and drove you back our our house?" 

"Yeah." 

"Well, something I didn't tell you then was that I took you to our place in stead of yours because I thought you'd be safer. Please, Ash?" He pleaded. 

"Fine," I rolled my eyes, "Let me just grab my stuff." 

"No time, I was supposed to be home 20 minutes ago." He said and pulled me off the floor. 

~~~

"Seriously, you cannot possibly be nervous." Riker mocked, pulling out his keys to open the door. 

"It's been a while since I've seen your parents. Not sure if they hate me, so." I pulled my jacket together. Riker pushed open the door. I immediately heard the laughs and discussion of the family. It brought a smile to my face. 

We walked into the living area, everyone turned to look at us, the conversation died completely. 

"Ash?! Oh my god, I havn't seen you in so long!" Rydel broke the silence, running up to hug me. Everyone else slowly stood. I noticed a smug smile cross Ross's face like he'd accomplished something. Ryland showed the same face, with a bit more sincerity. 

Stormie practically mauled me with a hug, I laughed and hugged back. When everyone started to settle back down, Ross pulled me away to talk. 

"Please tell me apologized to you instead of the other way around." Ross said, dragging me into his room. Being there reminded me of that morning, with the photos, and Rocky. 

"We apologized to each other, actually." 

He nodded. "And I just want you to know, if you and Riker have decided to give things another shot, I fully support you both. I don't want you to have to hide it from me this time." 

"We didn't- I mean, were not-" I shook my head. 

"Oh," He muttered. "Well, you never know. You might, find love, or something." He smiled vaguely. 

"I doubt it. I think Riker has other ideas on how things are gonna turn out." I said, referencing the fact that I think he may be trying to get Ross and I back together. 

"Whatever happens, I'm glad your back. Here, I mean." 

"Why?" I questioned. 

"Because, this is the birthplace of just about everyone of our 'moments'. That time you fell asleep on me, in this bed right here." He said patting the bed we were sitting on. "Our first kiss, downstairs. Our first 'I love you's'. When I proposed to you, and when you accepted a day later. I think that moment was the happiest I'd been in my entire life. I thought we were gonna be together forever." He smiled. Butterflies filled my stomach.

"And here I am, a high school dropout, with an amazing job, and you. A musician with a pregnant girlfriend. Things don't always turn out the way you think they will." 

"I love Brooke, really. But I can't help but think about how things would be if I hadn't screwed things up for us." I felt things get a little too 'are they gonna kiss or what?' and decided to change the subject.

"Are you excited to be a father?" I asked, 

"More like terrified. Even though Brooke's decided to give the baby away, it's crazy to think that I'm going to be the biological father to somebody's child. Seems like just yesterday, I was taking you to the beach for our first date, the picnic, the fireworks. That night was perfect."

Somehow he managed to bring the subject right back to the two of us. Every part of me was trying not to feel what I was feeling. But we were interrupted, thank god. 

"We're serving dinner." Rydel said, poking her head in through the door. We both sighed and stood up, making our way to the dinner table. 

"Smells delicious, Stormie. New recipe?" I said, sitting down in the nearest seat. 

"Yes, actually. Glad somebody noticed." She playfully squinted at her boys. 

"Mom, it's just, all your food smells so good, that it's hard to tell what's new." Rocky nodded. 

"Yeah, that." Ryland chimed in. We all dug into our food, just like old times.

"So, Ash? How have you been?" Mark asked. 

"Good. It's been a bit strange living away from you guys, but no, it's been good." Ross's phone rang. 

"Excuse me." He said and stood up to leave

."Well we've all certainly missed having you here." He added. 

Rocky coughed, "Not everyone." Hinting at Riker. 

"Hey! I'm the one who brought Ash here, so you should be thanking me." Riker scoffed. 

"Yeah, why did you bring her here?" Rydel added. Riker looked over at me. I shook my head. 

"Because I knew how much you all missed her." He smirked. 

"I'm just glad you two made up." Stormie spooned up her potato. 

"Thanks to me." Ryland boasted. 

We continued ragging on until Ross came back in the room a few seconds later with a look in horror on his face. 

"Ross? What happened?" I asked. 

"That, was the hospital. Brooke was in an accident. She... lost the baby." 

~~~

A/N ~ dun dun duuunnnn. 

What do you guys think about this news? It was going both ways for myself, even. 

I was happy cause now Ross and Ash can be together without Ross being the father to someone else's baby, but I was sad because, Brooke lost the baby.  Leave your opinion in the comments. 

Rate/Comment/Follow 

Love always, Char xx