Chapter 27 ~ Kicked Out.

Ross's P.O.V

Taking a deep breath and attempting to shake off the nerves, I knocked on the door of my parents house. The cars were parked out front, I knew they were home. I heard loud footsteps approach, high heels I assumed. And surely enough Rydel pulled open the door, I looked up at her, prepared to be pulled in for a hug. But that wasn't what I got. 

She didn't seem happy to see me at all, her expression dulled as she leaned on the door frame. 

"What do you want?" Rydel's angry tone was a rare thing to hear. 

"I don't know, to see my family, maybe." An anger built up in my voice too at the stubbornness of Rydel's.

"So what? You disappear for 3 weeks without telling us a god-dammed thing other then that you were 'okay', then you just show up one night out of the blue and expect love and forgiveness?" 

"Yes," I exclaimed, "god, I thought you might have been happy to see me. I thought you might have been worried."

"Of course we worried, Ross! We called you a thousand times, we even went to the police. And you didn't even have the decency to tell us were you were."

"I needed alone time, Rydel."

"Just because you lost the baby, doesn't mean you can just shut out your family. We would have understood whatever it was that you were going through, but you didn't even give us a chance." There was silence for a few moments. 

"Are you gonna let me in?" I asked. 

Rydel looked around for a second, "hold on," she said before she closed the door. I stood outside for what was probably a few minutes, then the sound of her heels against the floor returned. "Here," She said, throwing me a large duffle bag, "you can pick up the rest of your crap tomorrow." 

"You're throwing me out?! Not even letting me talk to mom and dad?" I yelled.

"They don't want to talk to you."

"Where do you expect me to go?" 

"Wherever, Ross. You're an adult now, you make a good living, and you clearly do just fine on your own. You don't need us, and we don't need you." She remarked, folding her arms. 

"What about the band?"

"We were thinking the same thing when we had to cancel a gig because you were off 'dealing with your problems', we've gone on hiatus."

"So, that's just it then. Kicking your own brother out?" 

"We're done worrying about you, complicating our lives to help accommodate yours."

"You can't be that mad." 

"We'll forgive you eventually, it'll just take some time. Bye Ross." And with that, she closed the door and left me standing there.

I was nervous about coming home because I wasn't ready to answer questions. I thought they'd be welcoming and accepting of what I needed to do to help myself. I never thought they'd abandon me like this. I guessed I'd just pushed their buttons so many times that they couldn't take it anymore.

Throwing the bag into the passengers seat of the car, I decided to drive around a little while to calm myself down a bit. I know after last night, I should despise driving, but it was almost soothing in a way. When it started to get too dark, I drove back to Ash's. She had already woken up from her nap, and was surprised to see me with a bag of my stuff, but she was understanding and was more than willing to let me stay at her place.