Chapter 28 ~ Things Are Happening.

Ash's P.O.V

Trying to zip up my boot while hopping across the room never seemed to work out for me, but for the very first time I think it may have actually saved me point 3 of a second. Getting back into the rhythm of  waking up early was taking a toll on my sanity. Who knew it was possible to even think on 2 hours of sleep?

I didn't know what it was, but it's been hard to sleep ever since I got back from Texas. It wasn't that I was having troubles getting to sleep, it was staying asleep that was the problem. My theory was that it's stress. Stress of finals week. 

"Morning, Ash." Ross said, he was already up, sitting at the counter eating breakfast. 

"And what are you doing up so early?" I asked, throwing books into my bag. 

"I knew I had to drive you, so I got myself up." He shrugged. 

"Bull. You've had to drive me every day these past few weeks, and not once have you gotten up before me. What's up?" I hadn't even taken the time to properly look at him, the process of getting ready was too frantic.

"Well, if you must know, I have an audition." I froze in place and looked at him. 

"Seriously?" A grin wiped across my face. 

"Don't worry, it's not shooting in Spain or anything," a cheeky smirk grew across his, "it's just for this movie about a guy who I definitely think I could play."

"What's it's about?" 

"Well, it's about a guy," he emphasized, "who gets abused by fame to a point where he fakes his own death just to escape from it. But then, he meets a girl that shows him that there's so much more to life than how many followers you have on twitter." 

"And how many followers do you have?"

"Almost 2 million." 

"Wow." 

"Yeah." He said. There was a moment of silence. "You should probably hurry up, by the way, or you're gonna be late." 

"Oh, right." I said and hurried to make myself look somewhat presentable. 

School was just as frantic as the process of getting ready for it. Looking around and seeing the panic on everybody's faces as they prepare for their final exams was daunting. I'd been studying almost non-stop to complete required assignments that everybody else had already done. The initial shock of me returning had died down but that didn't stop the glares from people that for some reason had a grudge against me. 

At lunch times, I remained somewhat of a loner. Sure, when Emily was around we'd sit and talk but for the most part, she was busy in her own terms. Most of the friends and acquaintances I had before I left were supportive of me coming back, but weren't exactly gung-ho to being my friends again. I think it's the rumors. They spread like wildfire here. 

From what I'd heard, the rumor about me leaving because I was pregnant was still circulating, with people believing that I'm back now that I've had the kid. I also heard one about me leaving because I was moving to London with Caleb. To be honest I'd prefer people to think that. Actually, I'd prefer people to keep to their own business, but we all know that wasn't gonna happen. 

Speaking of Caleb, I'd seen him once these past couple of weeks. Apparently, he's already graduated, with honours too. I didn't get to talk to him, although I wanted to. He was helpful when we ran into each other in London, and I don't think I ever really got a chance to thank him. There were so many people that I'd lost contact with, It was one of the biggest reality checks to come back here and have to face it all again.