Chapter 4 ~ Letting Go.

Ash's P.O.V (Continuation of where it left off.)

"I'm sorry, it was my Mom. She just wanted to know if I was okay." Riker assured me. I smiled, still feeling uneasy. "So, where were we?" He said and got back into the pool.

He swam over to the ledge that I was sitting on and slid his arm back around my waist.

"Riker," I said and removed his arm. "The goal is to stop hurting Ross. And I really don't think that hooking up with his brother is going to help."

"It's not like it'd be a first. And besides, what Ross doesn't know won't hurt him." He made a compelling argument.

"But, I-I'm not into you like that." A slight lie.

"If you can look me in the eyes and tell me that you didn't just want to kiss me as much as I wanted to kiss you, then I'll forget about it." He persisted.

"I-I can't." I didn't want to lie that time. I had to admit that. "But that might not even be because of you. You know me, I'm a hopeless romantic. I get caught up in the moment."

"Come on, Ash. We've been friends for just as long as you and Ross have. I was there to pick you up from the park when Caleb stood you up. You and I pretended to date to get this chick off my back. I flew to London for you. You opened up to me about your parents, you had that dream about me. Maybe this is fate." He took my hand.

"I thought it was fate with Ross too. And for all I know, it still might be. I think we should end this." I admitted.

"End what?"

"This weird friendship we have. I mean, I still want to be friends, but I don't want us to be that 'will they, won't they' couple." I said softly.

"Okay, Ash. If that's what you really want, I'll try to contain my 'advances' towards you." He smiled.

"Really?"

"The last thing I'd want is to lose you as a friend. So yeah, I'll totally except being friendzoned." I smiled and hugged him. And it didn't feel like a hug that was gonna lead anywhere.

Shortly after our almost kiss and heart to heart, Riker and I headed back to my new house. I took another good couple of hours, but the house was finally (almost) completely unpacked. Riker decided to go back to his house and let me settle. It was definitely a weird feeling to be living a new house all by myself. But it gave me a certain feeling of maturity

It was like I was finally able to stand on my own two feet.

Riker's P.O.V

I sighed as I closed the front door behind me. As amazing as that hotel was, nothing compares to home. I sat straight down on the couch where I was soon greeted by Ross.

"Look who finally decided to come home, where were you, anyway." I obviously couldn't tell him the truth and say 'I was sharing a hotel room with your ex-fiance. Oh and I think I have a major crush on her and we also almost kissed.' That would pretty much be me writing my suicide note.

"I was spent the night at a friends." I answered blatantly.

"A girl-friend's?" He raised his eyebrows and smirked at me.

"She may have been a girl." I figured since I was lying to him enough, I'd try to be as truthful as I could be.

"Oh la-la! Riker's got a girlfriend, Riker's got a girlfriend!" He chanted.

"She's not my girlfriend." In a way, saying that actually angered me. Like, I was mad that she wasn't my girlfriend, but as the same time, I was also relieved.

"Oh, well don't worry. She'll come around." He looked down, almost sad. I knew why.

"How are you doing with the whole Ash thing?" I asked, sincerely concerned.

"Not great. I just sucks not knowing if I'm ever going to see her again." He rubbed the back of his neck.

"I'm sure she hasn't gone far. She's has that job as a corespondent, right?"

"I think so." He walked over to the kitchen and poured himself a drink. "I just wanna talk to her."

"What do you think she'd say?" I asked, resting on a chair.

"Knowing her she'd probably tell me to move on." He said and took a sip.

"Have you thought about seeing other people? I mean, isn't that why she left, so that you could find a better girl for you?" I questioned.

"It's be so weird, to see another girl. But I guess I should, it's not like Ash is coming back." He frowned and walked away.

I pondered whether or not Ash would take him back. I mean, she did say that she thinks her and Ross still might be meant to be.

~~~

A/N: Sorry for the late upload. But I just though't I'd tell you, somethings big will be starting up next chapter, any guesses on what it is? Also, I've received numerous inboxes about if/when I'll be doing another fan written chapter. And since the last two went so well, I'd be more than happy to do another. Just inbox me with some ideas and we'll talk. Cheers, Char.