Chapter 16 ~ Back in Action.

Ash's P.O..V

Two months. It's been two whole months sine Ross found out he was the father to Brooke's baby. 

Ross called me almost immediately after he first found out. I was sad at first. It was like, the part of my heart that had just been put back in place had been ripped out again. But then, I got mad. Mad at the world for doing this too me again. Tearing things, and people, away from me before I even get a chance to enjoy them.

These two months had been some sort of low point for me. Everything was slowly evolving and I wasn't. I mean, things had definitely changed, but not in the right ways. Before, I was the major of drama-city, and now it was like I was an outsider looking in. Everyone seemed to be busy, all the time. 

Lexi was due any day now, and her and Brooke had connected on a level that I couldn't. The '17 and pregnant' level. It was like, every time I wanted to spend time with Lexi, Brooke would show up and they'd have to leave to go do some pregnant duty of their's that would always end in a "You wouldn't understand." I didn't hate Brooke for it either, in fact, we'd even sort of become friends, once she became less 'famous actress' and more human. 

And with Ross, every time we'd get together to chat and catch up, Brooke would intervene yet again, with some pregnancy milestone the Ross was missing. And he'd feel so bad for not being there that he'd just up and leave. And I know that Ross wants to be there for her and all, but I can't help but feel like he's wasting his time, being as Brooke had already announced that she's giving the baby up for adoption. 

A part of me was relieved when I heard this. It made me feel like, maybe, after it happens, Ross will come back to me. But I knew that the grim reality of it would be that Brooke wouldn't be able to give him/her up, so she'll keep them and Ross would raise them with her. I could see her becoming more and more attached, even though it'd kill her to admit it. Ross's parents turned out to be really supportive. I'm not sure at what age they had Riker, but they seemed sympathetic almost, like they knew what it felt like. Mark and Stormie agreed to support them no matter what. Are they the best parents ever, or what? 

R5 was back in action. Finally. They recently went on a very brief tour around some of the larger cities in the U.S, just to let people know they're still around. Ryland actually gave me a ticket to their L.A show tonight. I wasn't going to go, but I missed seeing them preform so much. What's the harm in going for a little while? 

Winter was finally over. and spring weather was well underway. I threw on a floral print dress and headed out. There were crowds of teenage girls flooding into the venue, screaming in excitement. This was probably one of the first times in entered through the main entrance. Every other time I went to a show, they'd take me backstage and I'd watch from the sidelines. They'd played here before, and I knew how to get backstage if I wanted to. But tonight, I decided I just wanted to be a fan. 

Their set up was amazing, as always. I missed coming to these. And something I missed more than I thought I would, was Riker. One thing that didn't change over the two months was were we stood with each other. We'd still barely even spoken. I still felt like he hated me. The ticket Ryland had given me was in the second row, but I decided to stand in the isle so that the band wouldn't see me. 

 The kicked off their show with questions from the fans. All of them were pretty boarder line. Nothing fazed me much, that was until a girl from the fifth or sixth row was called. 

"Riker, are you still with that girl you were spotted with at the Beverly Hills Hotel?" She yelled. Riker looked taken back. I was taken back myself, another three steps back, to be specific.