Chapter 1

This story will be entirely in Louis' point of view :)

Edited

I blink as I stare up at the dark ceiling. The rain is pounding hard outside and I am just waiting for the thunder and lightning to start. I jump as I see the blue flash into my room and I curl up into my blankets more. The thunder booms, loud and clear, almost immediately afterward. I sit up in the bed and lean my back against the bed post. I tuck my knees into my chest and shiver from the cold. I turn to my clock to check the time and see that it's just past 3am.

'Not that you were sleeping before anyways.'

I jump as another lightening strike hits and the thunder booms again. I hate thunderstorms. I feel the tears prick my eyes and let them fall down my cheeks.

'You're scared of a harmless thunderstorm, you worthless piece of shit.'

My mind always has to add its own opinion.

'Of course you're scared. You're a pussy. That's why we cut isn't it. We like the pain, because it reminds us of how worthless we are.'

I slam my hands over my ears and bury my head in between my knees. I shake my head, trying to rid the voice from my head. Another pair of thunder and lightning hit and I start to rock back and forth.

It hits again and I scream, scrambling out of the bed. I run out of my room throw open the door across from mine and I see the figure in bed try to sit up. "Boo, is that you?" The voice asks tiredly and I stand in the doorway, my sweater sleeves pulled over my hands and almost completely covering my boxers.

I sniffle and Harry holds his arms out. I run and climb into the bed, snuggling up into Harry as he wraps his arms around me. He rubs my back as more thunder and lightening strike, and I jump. He lays us down, keeping his arms wrapped around me. I stayed curled up into him and he whispers soothing things into my ear.

He always makes the voices disappear.

He always makes my fears go away.

"Look, it's just about over," Harry whispers as he strokes a piece of my hair out of my face. I nod and feel the tears start to fall down my face at how stupid I am being. His hand goes up to my cheek and quickly wipes them away. "Mm, don't cry. It hurts me to see you cry," Harry says and I sniffle again. He kisses my forehead and I curl into him more. "Try and get some more sleep, yeah?" He says to me, as he resumes stroking my back. "Okay, I love you," I mutter and I can feel him smile as he kisses my head. "Love you too," he says back and I close my eyes, knowing I won't have nightmares whilst in Harry's arms.

-

I wake up to a soft snoring and I open my eyes. I smile and reach up my fingers to brush the curls out of Harry's face. My sleeve slips up my arm a little and the bright-red cuts from yesterday's activities are in view. I quickly pull my sleeve back over my wrists and groan, knowing I shouldn't have cut on my wrists.

'You shouldn't have. You can never do anything right.'

I squeeze my eyes closed and sigh. I try to feel Harry's arms around me and I relax again. I check the time and see that it is 8:30am. I slowly crawl out of Harry's bed, trying not to wake him up, but, as always, I fail. He stirs and frowns when he realizes that I'm not there. He opens his eyes and sees me standing there. "Lou, come back and sleep, it's still early," he mumbles, still half-asleep.

"We have an interview we need to go to soon. C'mon, if we get ready fast, we can go for some breakfast, yeah?" I suggest to him and he groans but nods. "Okay," he says and closes his eyes again. "Wakey, wakey, Hazzy. Don't fall back asleep on me!" I say, making my voice high-pitched. I see him smile and I take that as a sign he will get up.