Chapter Seventeen

Kaea greeted June in a peculiar way... with the birth of her Prince Darius Samuel Iosefa Mclean. Born at 4.23am, weighing 4.2kg

How perfection glowed on this little boy. Kaea had created the most flawless human being ever. Her child had made her complete. 

Everyone was waiting in the waiting room for her.

Mum. April. Mon. Sefa. The twins. Jason. Roger. Roman. And her favourite nephew Elijah

Darius was fast asleep in Kaeas arms when everyone had walked in. Mum was proud of the strong woman she raised. The room grew with smiles as everyone leaned to kiss baby hello. Darius stirred awake as Sefa leaned to carry him.

"You did good" Sefa smiled kissing his namesake's forehead. 

Her son was beautiful. God blessed her with such a beautiful baby. Kaea kept staring at the doorway waiting for him to walk in. But it had been months since they last spoke and she knew she was going to be waiting for someone that wasn't coming back. 

_____________________

Motherhood was not easy. Kaea had pushed her insecurities aside to tend to her son. She was not allowed to cry at the change in her body or sleep as much as she wanted to. Darius was the priority. And she was enjoying motherhood so much.

Every night she spent beside her prince watching Filipino dramas and cuddling. She thanked God every night for blessing her with such a perfect son.

Her phone buzzed as Darius was asleep beside her.

April - Sis are you free?

Yeah I just put bubba down

April - I'm out front.. come for a quick drive?

Ok lemme just tell mum

A few moments later Kaea was outside in her pyjama pants and slippers, entering Aprils car. Although when she entered inside, Treymaine was in the drivers seat instead. 

"Please stay" He sighed holding out to her hand. She relaxed in the seat and looked at him.

Treymaine stared at her... she was still as beautiful as ever. She had changed though. Her body was different, the way she carried herself was different, she was more breathtaking this time.

"I'm sorry" she turned and found herself falling in love all over again. 

"I never wanted to leave you" She cried

He pulled her into his chest as she sobbed. She cried telling him the traumatic story about what happened in New Zealand. She cried confessing that leaving him was the hardest thing she ever did and she wanted to have a family with him. She cried admitting that he was still on her mind every single night. 

He sat there furious that someone would do that to her. He felt that he failed to protect the woman he loved the most and vowed to show this man no mercy if he ever came close to his woman or his child ever again.  They sat in the car talking for hours fixing everything between them and embracing each others love again.

"Can I meet him?" his shiny eyes sparkled once again. Kaea smiled leading him outside of the car and inside the house. Entering her room, Darius was asleep on the bed. Kaea watched Trey lightly walk up to her son and lift him gently. Darius stirred awake and smiled at Trey, melting Kaea's heart.

She watched as the two most important boys in her life met for the first time. Trey was a natural with Darius, you could almost think that they had known each other for years due to the comfortability Darius showed. This made Kaea's heart melt even more.

"Do you want to stay the night" Kaea did not think her question through fully but even before she could comprehend what she said, Trey nodded and smiled. Trey shot a text to an eager April and Monique who were impatiently waiting next door for the magic to work. Kaea heard the shriek coming from the two before they raced to Kaea's front door.

"You both are evil" Kaea shook her head knowing well enough the plan to get the two back together came from none other than the diabolical two standing in front of her.

"Thank us at your wedding" April winked grabbing her car keys off Trey and leaving the two alone. 

Kaea's mother woke up from all the commotion and joined everyone in the hallway near the front door.  

"What's going-" She paused not needed to know an answer after seeing her grandson in the arms of Trey. A wide grin replaced the grouchiness from being rudely awakened.

"Sorry for the interruption. Goodnight to the three of you's" She walked back into her room and closed the door.

"Are you hungry?" Kaea tried to spark another conversation so it wasn't awkward between the two.

"Let's sleep" Trey held their son in one hand and guided Kaea to her room with the other hand. Kaea was in awe at how perfect Trey was. Here he is willing to take in a child that isn't his and despite all the pain, Kaea caused him, still able to love her unconditionally. 

This was the beauty of love. If you have something like this then don't ever let it go. For the first time in months, the couple was able to sleep peacefully without the troubles or recurring nightmares on their way. 

*****************************

Just a short chapter reintroducing everyone and sparking up the flame once again! Hope you enjoy :)