Chapter Four

One month later

"Kaea wake up let's go" I opened my eyes and saw Monique.

"What is it?" I jumped up, alarmed

"Easter show, get ready"

"What? I got no money"

"I asked your mum on her way out, there's money on the table"

"Aren't we to old for the rides"

"Fk no, and Trey's coming."

So over the past few weeks, everyone has come to the assumption that ' Trey has a crush on me'. Of course I'm not the type to believe rumours, but we have been getting close over past month.

"Argh, you idiot" I shook my head and walked into the bathroom. After I slipped off my clothes and changed into some black jeans and a white adidas shirt. I settled for my black fluxs.

"Ok let's go" I followed her out the house

***

It was only 10am and the show was already packed. Our first trip was to the coupon booth, we both bought 50 each.

"Ok so our goal is to go on most if not all the rides... AAANNNDDD the haunted house"

"Wtf no. No haunted house. I dunno about you but I just want a Jamaican banana or monkey" I laughed.

"Please K, It seems cool"

"MONNNNN" I whined

"Child, let's go on that" she pointed to a ride. It was swinging fast and you could hear the screams from where we were standing. Lord, please be with me.

The ride literally scrambled up my insides. My hair was everywhere, damn. I heard Monique scream then run to a group of people. I then realise it was some people from our school but also some strangers. And of course, Trey was amongst the group.

"Hey" he smiled at me.

"Hi" I smiled back. Before I knew it, we were leaving the others and walking together.

"You staying tonight for the fireworks?" - Trey

"I think so, your cousin won't let me leave" I laughed.

"Aye, she's your best friend"

"Egg" I stopped walking and stared up at this ride, 'No Limit Ride' was the name. It drove people around on a whole 360 degree angle, it did look scary.

"That us?" - Trey

"What?"

"You wanna go on it?"

"Um.."

"Don't worry , I got you" he pulled my hand gently to see if i'd cooperate. I looked behind myself to see if Monique or anyone was insight. Nothing. Great Mon, I huffed to myself. Just leave me with your cousin who may or may not kill me lol.

But unfortunately, one ride turned into seven and before I knew it, we ran out of coupons and opted it to the closest coupon booth to get some more.

One our way to one of the rides, I heard someone scream my name. And to my surprise, it was my cousin Wairua.

"Kaea!!??" I ran to hug her.

"Oml I haven't seen you in months" I hugged her tightly.

"Same goes, I see something new. He belong to you?"

"Girlll nooo, he's my friend"

"No kidding. You have fkn Treymaine Afu following you around like a lovesick dog"