Chapter Twelve

By the time the girls finished leaving airport security, it was already dark. Kaea scanned the waiting lounge for her three cousins, but she couldn't see them.

"It's typical of them to be a bit late... let's go get our luggage" Kaea smiled and linked arms with April. As they reached the baggage claim, Kaea saw her cousins sitting on the seats waiting for them. One of them, Shaun, was lightly sleeping.

"Have yous been waiting long?" - Kaea kissed Caesar on the cheek.

"We got here at 5:30" - Caesar

"But our flight didn't land til 7" - Kaea

"We know, mum said yous landed at 6" - Chas stood up and kissed Kaea's cheek.

"This is my friend April" Kaea introduced everyone to each other. Caesar walked over and kicked Shaun in the shin causing him to jump.

"Oh hi cous" Shaun wiped the drool off his mouth and gave his cousin a hug  and shook Aprils hand. The boys grabbed the girls' bag and proceeded towards the car. The five erupted into a conversation on the way to Nan's house.

"How are the married couple?" - Kaea

"Good, Ria's got her last stage of surgery next week. It seems to be working. Everyone else is pulling through school well, how are you & mum?"

"Good good" - Kaea

The boys starting asking April questions to make her feel comfortable seeing as they would all be stuck with each other for the next week and a half. Not like it was a bad thing , the more the merrier , right ?

Ten minutes later , they were all loading the girls stuff into nan's house who came to the front to greet the girls.

"Kaea ? Oh my I almost didn't recognise you" a single tear ran down her face as she hugged both the girls. It was Aprils first time meeting Kaeas family but they made her feel welcome.

****
The following day the guys & Lani decided to take both girls to Rainbows end. The day began with a massive breakfast , the entire gang almost cleaned out McDonald's lol they had a big day ahead of them.

The girls rode in one car whilst the guys rode in another so everyone (meaning April) was comfortable.

"Sooo April I hear your a singer?" - Lani

"Oh lol no only in church haha" - April

The girls began singing their lungs out to r&b hits all the way to Rainbows end, receiving beeps and cheers from passing cars. Kaea truly admired this moment, she adored seeing people she loves connect so easily and it sparked up a happy vibe in her.

Throughout the entire day , the entire group went on as many rides as they could , eagerly waiting whilst they let families pass through them. But April & Kaea wanted to push in and hurry up and get on the rides.

"Yous may be the same height as ten year olds but that doesn't mean act like one" Caesars joke only ignited a small fair from Kaea & laughs from the boys.

"Fine after this one then imma go find some cotton candy" - Lani

Ten more minutes of standing and they were all finally allowed on the ride which spun 360 degrees around at 20 feet high. Aprils body twisted with knots seeing as this day was testing her fear of heights.

The ride made Aprils long hair swish in every direction (which probably would've been avoided if she braided her siren-like hair to avoid dangers like pieces of her thick hair strangling someone's neck lol) it also made Kaea scream at the top of her lungs. This day reminded her of her first official 'meet up' with Trey at the Sydney Easter show.

After seven full minutes of horror, the group was finally dismissed from the ride and on there way to the cotton candy truck. Kaea pulled out her phone to see 9 miss calls from Iosefa. Kaea pulled April aside to ring Sefa.

Phone Convo:
Kaea - Sefa what's wrong ?

Sefa - nothing

Kaea - then why you ringing my phone 9 times ??

Sefa - ahem , the only reason why we let yous go was so you could pick up on the first ring , not the twenty seventh. Where's April ?

April - sehh if we are calling you then we are still alive

Sefa - oh good to hear your voice too bolo

April - everyone ok ?

Sefa - always , you two ok ?

Kaea - always

Sefa - where are yous ? AT A CLUB !?

Kaea - at 11 in the morning ?

Sefa - weh never mind. Where are yous ?

Kaea - Rainbows end

Sefa - alright then I'll let yous go , text me later & be safe !

April and Kaea nodded saying bye to Sefa and hanging up before catching up with the rest of the group. The rest of the day was filled with laughter and fun. The guys basically took over Sefa and Jason's job as bodyguards and scared away every single guy who so much as stepped two feet from April, Kaea and Lani.

The following night was spent with a classic family bbq. April got to meet Kaeas gorgeous cousins Eliana & Ahua. The three clicked like fast friends, spending the night getting to know each other whilst eating the goods Kaea's aunties and uncles prepared. All the while Caesar and the boys were jamming to the sound of Lebron's (Lani's little brother's) guitar. 

"I want to meet your boyfriend" - Ahua

"I really want yous to come down to a Syd for a bit, not to meet my man but to give yous a whole new taste of life yannoo" Kaea smiled. She genuinely did hope her cousins would be fortunate enough to visit eventually.

Ria and Matt soon arrived which sent Kaea in tears. She had not seen her beautiful cousin since the wedding the previous year. She held her older cousin in a strong embrace, which was heart warming and raised the happiness in the atmosphere. 

"I missed you so much" - Ria

"Same here, I see you've been busy since the last time I saw you" Kaea winked rubbing the slightly noticeable baby bump developing. She then kissed Ria once more congratulating her.

****

A bit short but I'll make it up to yous in the next few chapters : )