Chapter Fourteen

Trey groaned pressing the hang up button for the seventeenth time and smashed his phone into the wall.

Not even caring if his phone was broken beyond repair , he picked it up and dialled Aprils number who went straight to voicemail. And now he was beginning to be mad. Grabbing his car keys , he drive to Kaeas house.

And just his luck , Kaea wasn't home. Trey proceeded next door to his Aunties house to speak with Mon. Mon was just as in the dark as she was and tried to call both girls , no one answered.

"Did you f up while she was gone ?" - Mon

"Cous is that even a question ?"

"I know I'm sorry I ... I just don't know why she would break up with you so suddenly & over the phone"

"I need to see her" Trey squeezed his cousins shoulder and exited the front porch.

Right now he knew the dumbest thing to do would be to rock up to Aprils house where all the boys would gladly hand his ass over to him. Despite their growing bond which developed while the girls were gone, they would all do anything to protect Kaea.

He was stuck. Struggling to decide his next move, he found himself on the phone to one of his old hoes and she was more than happy to hear from Treymaine again.

*****

"My life is over" Kaea sighed, sinking into the passengers seat.

"No it's not-" April embraced her in a hug

"Yes it is" She cried into her shoulder. April had never seen her best friend so lifeless and dead and it had only been twenty minutes. Heck, April was even crying and it wasn't even her relationship. April had no choice but to drive to Mons.

"He just left here not long ago... K are you alright?" Mon comforted her as the three took a seat in front. Mons mum Sina took it upon herself to make the girls hot chocolate to warm them up on such a cold night.

"Yes it's just..." Kaea hesitated looking at April and thinking about her next words.

"Tell her" April nodded

"Last week April & I attended a party and well..." Kaea gestured for April to continue the story

"Long story short.... Kaea's pregnant with another mans child, some ufa thought it was funny to spike her drink and take advantage of her" April spat..... that night, none of them were successful in finding who the guy was. They were all disappointed in themselves for letting Kaea down like that.

Sina came out to deliver the three mugs of pure chocolate heaven and walked back inside. Mon clenched her fist, dreaming of finding whoever the guy was and showing him no mercy for what he did to her best friend. But of course what she was capable of didn't even compare to the hell the boys and Treymaine would unleash if they ever came close to her attacker. Speaking of Treymaine....

"K please tell me you told him" She squeezed Kaea's hand

"I didn't and now that we are not dating, I don't have to. Please don't tell him" Kaea pleaded.

"What happened wasn't your fault"

"Yes it was" Kaea sighed sipping some of her hot chocolate.

"I was the one who went to the party, I was the one stupid enough to have a few drinks and I was the one who strayed away from April. Had I not done any of those things, I wouldn't be in the situation I am in now" - Kaea

"Alright complaining will not change the situation.... don't look at this as a curse but rather more a blessing in disguise. Yeah it's a little earlier than expected but you have us here as well as Tahlia and your mum to help you through this" April hugged Kaea.

"Help you through what?"

The girls jumped in their seats as Christian appeared from the dark.

"Sorry, the boys sent me to look for yous once you failed to return home" He surrendered.

"Chris... Me and Kaea are sleeping over Mons, you can leave now" April said to her brother. He stared down his sister with a look of uncertainty before retreating back to the car where Jimmy was waiting. 

***3am***

Kaea sat wide awake in between Mon and April, staring at Mons room ceiling.  She observed her two sisters who slept beside her peacefully and admired how much of a rock they had both been for her.

Kaea slipped out of the bed ever so carefully and slid on her nike scuffs. Creeping down the hallway floor without making a noise, she successfully slipped out the backdoor and away she went. She walked as far as her legs could take her before she stumbled across the park a few blocks away from Mons house.

There she fell to her knees and began crying. Her body was lifeless and tired but for some reason, it would not let her get some proper rest. She would close her eyes and open them up feeling twice as tired.

Sighing, she looked up to the bright full moon which resembled a dazzling pearl.

She sat in the park and prayed . Prayed for her brothers , her mother, her sisters , the unborn baby that holds her heart and the man she loves. She prayed that everyone was happy and smiling. She prayed for God to give her the strength she so desperately needed.

****************

Trey opened the door to his home to find Genesis & Revelation.

"Everything sweet boys ?" Trey tried to sound as nice as possible, not knowing if these boys were bringing trouble or not.

"Mind if we come in uce ? We need to talk" - Rev.

Trey welcomed the boys in, all three of them sitting in the lounge room. Gen introduced the topic first , Kaea. No one had heard from her herself , it was always Mon, April or Tahlia passing on messages saying she was okay. And even Amelia & Sharon were doing the same. Gen & Rev knew something was up and that the women were keeping secrets.

The three held a conversation purely of Kaea, never leaving the subject for a second. Talking about where she could've disappeared to , why she could have dropped out of school, why she needed to hide herself from the boys and all these questions.

Of course the three didn't have anything close to a solid answer. She had gone completely ghost. Trey brought up the last message he ever received from her and that just brought more mystery into everything. To them, Kaea had dropped off the face of the Earth with no reason why.

Soon enough all the boys were seated in Treys living room. They had grown a small tolerance for him since they all shared one thing in common , Kaea.

******
A month later and Kaea had moved in with her Aunty Gracie who lives in Manly to disappear for a bit. And Kaea loved it. No one knew her so she had the chance to start fresh. She had just entered her second month of pregnancy, everything still new and unsettling for her.

Kaea awoke to the beautiful smell of the ocean which was only a few hundred metres away from her aunties house. The sun slowly rising indicating it had just hit 7am.

"Morning princess" Gracie chimed making her way into Kaea's room.

"I have a few errands to run today.. will you be okay?" She asked

"I might go to the mall"

***
Three hours later and Kaea was roaming around Waringah Mall looking at baby stuff. She longed to have a baby girl , a miniature version of her and hopefully that's what she'll get.

Me