Chapter 25

I lied, there isn’t going to be a few more chapters. This is going to be the last chapter and then an epilogue! I’ve got it all planned out so don’t kill me after this chapter! D:

....................................................................................................................................................

Chapter 25

(Lacey’s POV)

One year on. Graduation day.

I stood in front of my full length mirror like last year. This time I was looking at myself in a graduation gown and cap rather than looking for a baby bump.

A lot has changed in a year.

Firstly, Jayden and I are no longer together. We broke up in the new year as we realised that things just weren’t working out and needed space to breathe. We’ve stayed really good friends as we went through a lot together to not be friends.

Jayden reapplied to college and got into Harvard again as they were disappointed for him to drop out last year. He said he didn’t regret missing out the year as he did things that he always wanted to do. Like going travelling. He was coming back today for mine and Becky’s graduation which I’m excited about as I have missed him.

Becky and Jamie are still together, still going strong. I’m really nervous for Jamie today as he is going to give Becky a big surprise that she definitely won’t be expecting.

As for me, I’ve been accepted into Columbia to do a teaching degree. It has always been my dream to be an elementary teacher so now my dream is coming true.

“LACEY HURRY UP!” I heard my dad shout up to me

My parents and I have grown closer recently as the whole miscarrying has shown them that I have matured into a young woman. I feel that I have grown up a lot as I realised that life is too short so I’m going to live life to the full. Cheesey I know.

“Coming!” I shouted back

I grabbed my bag and with a quick look in the mirror I ran down the stairs to be greeted with Jamie and my parents.

“Ready for today Jamie?” I winked at my brother

He swallowed and went pale “oh har har” he scowled at me and walked to the car

I laughed and went after him “don’t freak him out even more Lace. It’s hard enough for him already” my dad said, chuckling himself

“I just can’t help it. He gets wound up too easily” I shrugged my shoulders and got in the car

We were on our way to school for the big day. I can’t believe I’m finally leaving school and going into the big wide world.

We made it to school where I saw all the stands and stage ready for our graduation. I wiggled through the crowds of people to find Becky and her parents. I finally found her bouncing pile of mess which she likes to call hair amongst the crowds.

“Becky!” I shrieked “We’re graduating!”

“OMG! I know!!” she shrieked back as we hugged and laughed at the same time.

Would all students make their way to the stage and family and friends please take their seats”  came over the speakers

With a quick hug from my family, Becky and I made our way into the line of excited students.

“Good luck!” I said to Becky as she turned to go to the H’s while I had to go down to the M’s

“You too! See you at the end!” she winked and moved up the line