Chapter 5

Chapter 5

“No you stay here” Becky said sternly to me

“I’m fine! I can go to school!” I said frustrated

It was the next morning and Becky insisted that I should stay home due to my little ‘accident’ in the pool yesterday.

“You nearly drowned! I’m not risking it!”

I rolled my eyes “Yes mom. I’ll stay home, mom”

“Don’t you use that tone with me!” she pointed her finger at me. I picked up a pillow off my bed and threw it at her. She caught it and placed it on the computer chair.

“But it’s going to be boring, here all by myself” I whined

“That’s why Jayden is going to stay home and nurse you back to health” she winked at me and then ran away before for I could say anything

I huffed. But a small smile came to face as I realised that I would be spending the whole day with Jayden, just the two of us.

I heard the front door slam telling me that Becky had left so I pulled back my covers and made my way downstairs. I looked in the living room to find Jayden sat on the sofa with his legs propped up on the coffee table.

He must have sensed me stood in the doorway as he turned and gave me a small smile “Hey, you shouldn’t be out of bed” he teased

I walked over and jumped onto the sofa “oh don’t you start, Becky has already gone into mother mode”

He chuckled “You did almost drown”

“Yeah almost is the keyword. I’m fine as my knight in shining armour saved me” I winked at him which caused him to blush. I blushed myself when I noticed that I was flirting with Jayden FREAKING Harrison! I cleared my throat “anyway thanks for doing that”

He nodded “You already said that last night and I would do it any time” he gave a smile that made my insides melt. No Lacey. Bad Lacey. You’re supposed to make him pay.

I changed the subject “Sooo what you watching?”

He shrugged “Just skimming through the channels, kind of bored really”

I nodded “Okayy then, I’m going to get dressed”

I ran out the room and up the stairs. I changed into a nice blue summer dress and tied my hair up into a high pony tail. As I was cleaning my teeth I heard someone knock on the door. I left the door for Jayden to get.

“Lace! There’s someone at the door for you!” Jayden shouted up at me

I frowned as I finished off cleaning my teeth and wiping my face on the towel. Who would be calling for me at 10:30 in the morning?