Chapter 10

Was going to upload this earlier but wattpad was down for ages! Anywhooo enjoy! A/N sorry about the big spacing, I couldn’t change it!

............................................................................................................................................

Chapter 10

(Lacey’s POV)

Jayden and I were sat in the waiting area while the doctor spoke to Becky. I really hoped there wasn’t something really serious going on with her.

Suddenly I felt a hand get placed on mine. I looked up with surprise to find Jayden with a small smile on his face.

“She’ll be fine. They’re probably just going over private stuff that we don’t need to know about” Jayden shivered and pulled a funny face.

I laughed and nodded but deep down I knew that something wasn’t right.

My phone started to ring in my pocket which got a few glares from the nurses and staff around us.

I looked at the caller ID to see that it was Corey ringing me. A smile came to my face but guilt rushed through me when I thought of Becky lying in hospital and what happened with Jayden earlier.

“I’ll be right back. I’ve got to get this” I said to Jayden who nodded.

I walked out the hospital doors and breathed in fresh air. The antiseptic smell was getting to my head.

“Hello” I said when I brought my phone to my ear

“Hey Lacey, how you doing?” his chirpy voice said back

“Not good to be honest” I winced

“Why what’s wrong?” his worried filled the speaker

“Becky was in a car accident. I’m at the hospital now”

“Is she okay? Do you want me to come down?”

I smiled at his concern “she’s fine and you don’t need to come but thanks for offering”

“That’s good. Okay, I know this is probably the worst timing but I was ringing to see if you’re still up for our date?”

My mind flashed back to mine and Jayden’s kiss. Corey’s voice sounded so hopeful and eager that I couldn’t let him down. Maybe I’ll like him and get my mind off Jayden.

 “Yeah sure, how about tomorrow?” I replied

“Really? Great! I’ll see you tomorrow at 7 then”

“Yeah 7 sounds good”

“Okay bye!”

“Bye” I breathed out and hung up.

I slide down the wall and landed on the floor. I sighed and placed my head in my hands. My mind was jumbled, I still loved Jayden but something about Corey made me want to like him.

“Lacey?”

Jayden’s voice made me jump. He looked a little pale.

I jumped up from the place I was sitting. “What’s wrong?”

“It’s Becky, she’s hysterical and I can’t calm her down” he sounded out of breath from running I suppose.

We both ran back to Becky’s room to find her with tears streaming down her face and the doctor trying to calm her down.

Dr Cartwright looked at us sympathetically and just walked out the room. Great doctor she is.

I rushed over to Becky and pulled her into a hug. After a few minutes her sobs turned into small sniffles and her breathing was back to normal.

Jayden stood really awkwardly at the end of her bed. I pulled back and looked at Becky’s blotchy face.

“Hey, what’s wrong” I made my voice really soft

“T-they s-s-said that I c-can’t have c-children” she choked out

“What?” my eyes widened and so did Jayden’s

Becky calmed herself down a little “in the crash my stomach took most of the impact so it damaged my wombs and ovaries. The doctor said it will be unlikely for me to have children” tears spilled down her face as I pulled my arms around her tighter.

“It’s okay, we’ll get through this” I said as I soothed her.

Before long Becky had fell asleep in my arms so I detangled myself from her and softly placed her on the bed.

I couldn’t believe that she couldn’t have children. All her life she had fantasised about having kids. She even wants to be an elementary teacher because she loves children so much!

Jayden and I walked out of the room and Jayden instantly wrapped his arms around me. I froze for a minute but soon hugged him back and breathed in his intoxicating smell.

“I can’t believe this” Jayden said into my hair

“Same, it’s awful” I sighed

We stayed like this for a few more minutes until someone cleared their throat from behind us. We pulled apart and looked to see that there was a small old woman staring at us.

“I’m sorry but visiting times are over”

We nodded and walked back into Becky’s room to say goodbye. Jayden kissed her forehead, softly so he wouldn’t wake her and I did the same.

We got into Jayden’s car and road home in a comfortable silence.

“Can we got back to mine first so I can get some more stuff” I asked

He nodded and we went back into silence again.

“Look Lacey” Jayden said after a while

“Yeah?” I turned to face him in my seat.

“About the kiss earlier-“

I cut him off as I didn’t want to hear the rest “it was a mistake and shouldn’t have ever happened; I get it. Let’s just forget about it okay” Jayden had a pained look on his face which confirmed to me that he regretted it.

We had pulled up into my driveway so I hopped out and started to make my way towards my door.

“No Lace wait” Jayden grabbed my arm to stop me from moving any further

“Lacey?” a deep voice behind me said

I whipped around to find a person stood on the doorstep that I thought I’d never see again. My eyes widened as did Jayden’s as he realised who it was as well.

“Jamie” I whispered before I fainted into blackness.

....................................................................................................................................................

Ohhhh who’s Jamie?? Tell me your ideas!

Thanks for reading!

Vote!

Comment!

Fan!

Dani xxx