Chapter 23

Sorry about the lateness! Forgive me? O:)  

....................................................................................................................................................

Chapter 23

Today’s the day. The day where Jayden leaves for college. The day where I let my baby’s father walk away.

“I’m doing the right thing. I’m doing what’s best for Jayden” I prepped myself as I looked at myself in my full length mirror.

I turned to my side to see my still flat stomach there. I tried to imagine what I would look like when I start showing but at this point in time I just couldn’t see myself with a bump.

Sighing, I grabbed my bag and went downstairs to meet my parents. When I got to the living room, mom, dad and Jamie were all there waiting for me. Jamie smiled at me as I descended the stairs.

“heyy ready to go?” Jamie asked

“Y-yeah” I stuttered

We were all going over to the Harrison’s house to wish Jayden luck and see him off. This is the first time I would see him since I broke up with him. Not going to lie, I’m petrified.

“I still don’t get why you broke up with Jayden anyway. He was a nice boy” my mom cut in. She didn’t like the fact that I finished with him. But it’s not her decision to make.

“because long distance relationships don’t work mom” Jamie said sternly

“Well if she loved him she would at least try” mom butted in again

“Let’s just go” I mumbled and walked out the door

We all got into the car and sat in silence until we got to the Harrison’s house. I saw Jayden loading boxes into his car, my heart clenched as I held back a sob.

Dad parked up and we all got out. I stayed at the back with my head down, trying to stay hidden. Stacey and Elliot came out the house with Becky hot on their heels.

Stacey, their mom, came over to my mom and hugged her. “Oh my baby is all grown up and off to college” she sniffled into my mom’s shoulder

“The semester will fly by and before you know it he’ll be back for Christmas” my mom gave a reassuring smile.

Stacey nodded and gave a watery smile. “I suppose, it’ll just be weird to have so much food in the house!” she chuckled

“Cheers mom” Jayden mumbled as he walked past with another box. He looked up and locked eyes with mine. I couldn’t help but notice the dark circles under his eyes and the emptiness within them.

“Jayden-“ I started but he just shook his head and carried on walking

“Come on, let’s get inside” Becky put her arm over my shoulder and led me into the kitchen.

Me, Becky and Jamie were all sat around the kitchen counter while our mom’s sat in the living room probably crying over baby photos. Our dad’s were helping Jayden with his stuff.

“How are you feeling?” Becky asked me while placing a hand over mine

“Getting there” I said in a shakey voice

“You can’t get too stressed it might harm the baby” she said

“Shhh our parents are next door” Jamie whispered

Becky winced “Sorry babe” and pecked him on the lips. I looked at them in envy. I could’ve had that, I could’ve been happy.

Jayden suddenly walked into the kitchen and noticed Becky and Jamie looking at each other lovingly. He scowled and went to get a drink from the fridge.