Chapter 13

Sorry for the late upload! Not edited but enjoy!

............................................................................................................................................

Chapter 13

I woke up the next day with a smile of my face as the memories of yesterday came back to me. After the party last night, Jayden took me home and held me until I fell asleep. Everything Corey had done faded from my mind when Jayden held me tight.

It dawned on me that I was still in love with Jayden, the feelings never went away.

Reaching out for Jayden, I realised that the bed was empty. My smile was wiped away and a frown appeared on my face.

Sitting up I listened to any movement that was going on. It was completely silent, Jayden and I were taking the day off school today to go and pick Becky up from the hospital so he should be still here.

I got up and put my dressing gown on and made my way down the stairs. I looked in the living room to find it empty so I made my way to the kitchen instead.

I found him sat at the breakfast bar staring out of the window, not noticing my arrival. I smiled as I made my over to him and placed my hand on his shoulder.

He stiffened and shot out of his seat way too fast. He had a pained expression on his face.

“Morning?” I mumbled, confused to why he was acting this way

Without a word he walked straight out the room and up the stairs. I slide onto a stool and put my head in my hands.

Tears poured down my face as I thought of everything that had happened. I was a reject, unloved. I was even used for a bet for god’s sake! Am I really that ugly and disgusting? I never should have opened my heart because it just gets trampled on over and over.

I could hear footsteps coming back down the stairs so I wiped the tears away quickly and turned towards Jayden.

He winced when he saw that my eyes were puffy and bloodshot but didn’t say anything about it.

“What?” I said bluntly

“You ready to get Becky?”  he mumbled

I shook my head “Let me get dressed and call Jamie to see if he wants to come. At least he cares and wants to see me” I said bitterly. I walked past him and stormed up to my room.

I changed into some jeans and a hoodie and shoved my hair up in a messy bun. I didn’t bother with make up as I just wasn’t feeling it today.

I picked up the house phone and called Jamie through my real house. I really need to get his cell number.

After the 3rd ring he picked up “Hello?” he answered

“Hey Jamie, it’s Lacey”

“Oh hey Lace, what’s up?”

“The sky, birds, aliens” I replied with a chuckle. I felt good to laugh for a bit.

“Oh ha ha” he said sarcastically “Seriously though, is something wrong?” worry filled his voice

“No everything is fine. I was just wondering if you wanted to come to the hospital to pick Becky up with me and Jayden. Jayden is being moody so I just wanted some company” I explained

“Yeah sure. Who’s Becky and why is she at the hospital?”

“She’s Jayden’s sister, same year as me? She was in a car accident the other day”