Chapter 9

Read the note at the end!

....................................................................................................................................................

Chapter 9

(Becky’s POV)

Beep

Beep

Beep

I groaned as the annoying beeping sound really didn’t help my pounding head. I felt a little disorientated and didn’t really remember anything. Am I at home? Lying in a ditch somewhere?

I slowly opened my eyes but soon shut them again when the blaring light and white walls made me feel funny.

I tried again and looked at my surroundings. With her head on the bed next to me, Lacey lied asleep with her mouth open a little drool coming out of her mouth. Ewww.

Turning my head I found Jayden asleep as well on a really hard chair. His back will kill him when he wakes up.

Trying to sit up a massive pain spread straight across my stomach. I cried out as the beeping machine went off like crazy. This is when I realised that I was in hospital. What happened?

Jayden was ouch of his chair in seconds, pulling the buzzer. Lacey looked up groggily, her eyes widened when she saw my face.

“Becky, what hurts?” Jayden asked panicky

“M-my s-stomach” I strained out while I cradled my stomach.

Suddenly, a load of doctors and nurses rushed in pulling at me and fiddling with all the monitors around me. All I could focus on was the blinding pain; I was sweating everywhere as the pain got even worse.

“She said her stomach hurts” Jayden explained. The doctor nodded and continued to examine me.

“What’s wrong with her?!” I heard Lacey shout out

“I’m sorry miss but you have to stand back” one of the doctors said to her

A nurse came around a plunged a needle in me. I screamed as it pierced my skin, I was a wuss when I came to needles.

“I’ve just gave you morphine so the pain shall ease in a few minutes” the nurse said to me.

I nodded with eyes scrunched up. I felt someone’s hand slip into mine and when I looked up I saw Lacey there with an encouraging look on her face.

Jayden was the other side of me stroking my head. After a few minutes the pain started to ease and I finally was able to relax.

The doctor examined me again and nodded “you're stable at the moment, I’ll be back in a little while to explain everything” she smiled kindly at me and walked out the room.

I turned towards Jayden “What happened?” I croaked out

“You were in a car crash. The fire department said a drunk driver skipped a stop sign and spun your car” Jayden winced

I still couldn’t remember but I just accepted it “Where’s mom and dad?”

He shook his head “they can’t get away but said that they love you and hope you get better” he said it really bitterly and I could see that he was angry

Lacey came around the bed and placed a hand on his shoulder. He calmed instantly. I eyed them suspiciously.

“Something you’re not telling me?” I asked, raising my eyebrow

Lacey blushed and pulled away while Jayden stood there awkwardly.

“Er-m w-what you on a-about” Lacey stuttered

“You seem awfully cosy” I accused

“Nothing is going on, what makes you say that?” Jayden laughed nervously

“Hmmm” still eyeing them. I’ll have to get the information out of Lacey later.

My head was feeling really light-headed. It must be the effect of the morphine they gave me.

The nice doctor came back in then which caused Lacey and Jayden to sigh with relief. They’re not getting away with it that easily.

“Hi Becky, I’m Dr Cartwright and I’m going to be looking after you while you’re here” she smiled at me so I returned it.

“Hello”

“If you’ll excuse us, I would like to speak to Becky in private” Dr Cartwright pointedly looked at Jayden and Lacey.

They both nodded “We’ll just be outside” Jayden said as they both left the room.

Once the door clicked shut Dr Cartwright turned to me with a pained look on her face. This instantly worried me.

“Right Becky, you sustained some fractured ribs and a few cuts and bruises but there is a more serious problem”

“O-okay” I cleared my throat as I could feel myself tearing up already.

“Because you weren’t wearing a seatbelt, your stomach took most of the impact on the steering wheel when your car was hit. That explains the severe pain in your stomach”

God, why didn’t I just wear my seatbelt? I normally do! I was in a rush, that’s why.

“I’m sorry to tell you that because your womb and ovaries were so severely damaged, you are unlikely to have any children in the future”

....................................................................................................................................................

Sorry for the cliff hanger!

IMPORTANT NOTE: All next week I’m on a biology field trip and won’t be able to upload. I’ll try to upload on Saturday but I’m not making any promises. Sorry!

Anywhooo...

Thanks for reading!

Vote!

Comment!

Fan!

Dani xxx