Chapter 24

Thought I’d upload quickly as I got 4 votes , 2 comments, new fans and got to #845 in Teen Fiction on the last chapter (doesn’t seem much but it means a lot to me!) :D Thankssss! Anyways I’ll shut up and let you enjoy!!

....................................................................................................................................................

Chapter 24

(Jayden’s POV)

We were all sat in the hospital waiting room as we waited on the news on Lacey and our baby. Our baby. That term still seems foreign to me. I had my head in my hands whilst Jamie was pacing in front of me.

“Would either of you two care to explain how you know about Lacey being pregnant?” Lacey’s mom directed at Jamie and Becky

Becky hung her head and Jamie stopped pacing. Becky started to explain “Jayden and Lacey had a fight over him going away and she asked for some ibuprofen as she had a headache which I said was in my cabinet. A box of tampons fell out on her and that was when she realised she had missed two periods”

“We had slept together 2 months before and didn’t use anything” I whispered out as I finally realised. How could I been so stupid?

“How could have you been so stupid to not use anything Jayden?” my mom said sternly to me. Guess she read my mind.

“I just didn’t think” I mumbled

“Anyway” Becky cut in “We went to the drugstore and got a pregnancy test which came back positive” 

“And how does Jamie come into this?” Chris, Lacey’s dad, asked

“I came into the room to find Lacey and Becky arguing over something and I heard her say about being pregnant” Jamie explained

“Wait, you and Lacey argued? You never argue” I directed to Becky

She sighed and leaned forward “She wasn’t going to tell you about the baby and I disagreed with her” she whispered

“What!?” I exclaimed and stood up “I’m the father, I had every right!”

“That was my argument but she said that she didn’t want to ruin your future. You were so looking forward to college” Becky explained

“But I would have stayed for her!” I argued

“Exactly” Jamie added “she didn’t want you to be tied down with a child. She wanted you to go college and live your dream to be a lawyer. You’ve got to understand that she did it all for you” he pointed at me to add emphasis.

I slumped back down in my chair “She must have been so scared” I whispered out. Tears were threatening to spill from my eyes.