Day 2: Wifi Is The Essence Of Fangirls Everywhere

I’m over this,

                                                                        I’m over you,

                                                        This is my independence day.

Start Destination: Turin, Italy

End Destination: Turin, Italy

Via: Torino Palasport Olimpico

8:35AM (GMT) / 9:35AM (Local Time)

Over breakfast the next morning the group all discuss what we want to do today. There seems to be a general consensus – at least between us girls – that we quite fancy a quiet day looking around the city.

We eventually decide that that is exactly what we are going to do and run quickly back to the room to grab things that we want to take around with us, a camera is placed in my bag straight away; I view it as an essential part of my travelling equipment.

When we meet back up at reception – Rosie had gone to ask for directions – I am surprised to find that Levi does not join us but I decide not to ask about it, that would just seem weird.

The weather outside the hotel is boiling, for a girl used to the frequent rain and summer highs in the mid-twenties the heat of Italy is almost overwhelming. I feel sorry for El, who has such pale skin she could pass for a vampire but after slathering herself in factor fifty sun cream she declares herself ready to face the day, at least until her next top up time.

We decide that wandering aimlessly around the streets might be our best bet of seeing the city, else wise we will just spend an age wondering where on earth to go first and so Rosie get’s out her map – we want to know how to get back after all – and the three of us set off on our way, hoping to stumble across an amazing cafe, or ice cream shop.

To be honest, they only thing we are desperately praying for is somewhere where free Wifi is available. The essence of fangirls everywhere.

Our journey begins as we wander down the narrow streets, the day is quite quiet, it is the middle of the morning on a Friday after all and I feel much more relaxed than I have in a while. It might have something to do with the fact that exams are over, taking with them the stress they cause or it might be to do with the fact that I am exploring a new city with my best friends, a dream which I never realised I had until now.

It didn’t take us long to decide that we wanted something to eat, despite having breakfast under an hour ago as soon as our eyes settled upon an ice cream store with a freezer full of more flavours than I knew existed, our – well at least my – mouths began to water and we turned to each other with similar expressions on our faces.

“Ice cream?” El asks jokingly.

She is greeted by Rosie and I nodding our heads vigorously and the three of us quickly hurry into the shop where we are greeted by the difficult decision of what flavour we should choose.

I survey my options slowly, wanting to make sure that I make the right choice.

I eventually settle on mint chocolate chip and hand over the money to be rewarded with a tub of the stuff. It looks divine and I almost cannot stop my mouth from watering.