Day 27: You Can't Always Be Prepared For Drastic Turns Of Events

But who am I trying to be,

Who am I trying to please

Start Destination: Brussels, Belgium

End Destination: Brussels, Belgium

Via: The Hub

7:01PM (GMT) / 8:01PM (Local Time)

I am relieved to be at the concert the next night, away from Levi.

Things between the two of us appear to have returned to normal but there is still an underlying awkwardness that I cannot ignore. Neither of us are mentioning what happened yesterday, but it is all that I can think about.

Elise, Rosie and I are already sweaty from dancing along to the support act, I'm not sure what it is but something about tonight feels different and it both excites me and scares me at the same time.

The three of us link arms as Blakely begin to play, Rosie screaming in my ear louder than is possibly necessary when Dexter takes to the stage. Rosie's red curls have been let loose tonight and she has to keep apologising to me when they whip me in the face. She looks gorgeous tonight though. Rosie has always exuded self confidence but I have still been able to sense a niggle of self doubt in her, tonight she seems to have let this go - I'm not sure why or how - and it seems to have filled her with a strange sort of energy.

Elise as per usual looks stunning; she stands next to me elegantly swaying from side to side. She - unlike Rosie - manages to move in time to the beat of the music. Her crop top reveals her figure without being too revealing and reminds me, yet again, how many people I'd kill for Elise's body.

To be honest I'd kill to look like either of my friends, but for now, I'm stuck with plain old me.

"Do you think we'll ever meet them again?" El asks me as we wait for Xavier to fix his guitar string.

"I hope so," I reply, "and I hope that we get to spend more time with them, I loved meeting them last time but, I don't know, it felt like we were just another fan, you know. I want them to remember me as more than that."

"The adoption papers plan still stands," Rosie tells me.

"I'll keep that on the table as Plan B," I say, "for now I'm going to rely on looking so hot that they can't forget me."

"Jess, you're beautiful," Elise tells me, "there's no way they're not going to want you."

"Thanks, knowing my luck Tom will announce he's interested in me on my wedding day," I joke.

"So he proposed before he said he was interested in you?" Rosie asks.

"You know that's not what I meant."

"I know," Rosie says, "what you do in that situation is you tell that husband of yours that Tom Blakely has turned up and you remind him that you warned him about this when you started going out."

"Rosie," Elise says, "why on earth would Jess have warned her future husband about Tom Blakely showing up, that's such a weird thing to warn them about, like how would you actually bring that into conversation?"

"Actually," I mumble sheepishly, "I may or may not have made a deal with Levi that if Tom Blakely turned up then I was allowed to break up with Levi no questions asked."

"And he agreed to that?" Elise asks.

"I said he could do the same if Taylor Swift showed up."