Day 5: Save Your Money For The Hot Italians

All of these words whispered in my ear,

                                                       Tell a story that I cannot bear to hear.

Start Destination: Milan, Italy

End Destination: Milan, Italy

Via: Mediolanum Forum

09:23AM (GMT) / 10:23AM (Local Time)

The four of us head out onto the street with very little discussion. It seems that none of us particularly fancy a day of sightseeing but we want to explore at least a small part of the city and so we seem to have telepathically settled on wandering the streets for a little while.

We stumble across a street with lots of shops and – despite the lack of money any of us have to spend – we decide to have a bit of a browse inside some of the stores.

The first shop is a clothes store and I instantly find myself uninterested. Whilst Rosie melts over the fabrics and El gushes about pretty shoes I lean against the wall and wonder if it would be rude to start reading or something. I look up when I feel a figure sit down beside me.

“Not in the mood for trying on clothes?” Levi asks me with a grin.

“For some reason, no.”

“Any particular reason?”

“It might have something to do with the fact that I don’t see the point in trying on clothes, falling in love with them and then not being able to afford them,” I say.

“You’re trying to convince me that you haven’t been saving up money to spend on this trip for months, or are you telling me you spent it all at the first concert you went to,” Levi says.

“I’m not telling you either,” I reply, “I’m telling you that I’m saving my money for something more important.”

“Such as?”

“Such as a hotel room for when a hot Italian inevitably falls in love with me and suggests that he spends the night.”

“What? Hostel rooms aren’t going to be good enough for him?” Levi jokes.

“He’s not overly fussy, but I don’t think the fact that I share a room with Rosie and El will exactly be a turn-on,” I say.

“Some guys are into that.”

“Not my random hot Italian.”

“And how do you know?”

“I don’t,” I reply, “but I can hope." 

Levi lets out a deep chuckle and nudges my shoulder with his own. I feel a smile slip onto my face, relieved to find that the easy flow of conversation is still there between us, once we manage to push past the awkwardness.

“I’ve missed this,” I admit.

As soon as the words are out of my mouth I struggle to get them back. My cheeks flush a light red as the open expression on Levi’s face fades away.