Day 33: Second First Dates Are Totally Acceptable

Television dreams of tomorrow,

                                                    We're not the ones who're meant to follow.

Start Destination: Metz, France

End Destination: Barcelona, Spain

Via: /

6:21AM (GMT) / 7:21AM (Local Time)

We get off to an early start in the morning.

Bags are already packed by the door and Rosie, Elise and I elect to stay in our pyjamas until we feel more awake which admittedly might take a while.

Levi is waiting for us by the car, twiddling the keys between her fingers and whistling a song I don't recognise rather loudly which is resulting in him attracting strange looks from other people in the car park.

"Everyone ready to get this show on the road? I thought we could put on a sing-a-long playlist of tracks everyone knows the words to, I've been practising Bohemian Rhapsody."

"Just get in the car Levi," Rosie replies.

"You're such a buzzkill."

5:32PM (GMT) / 6:32PM (Local Time)

I am in the room alone when the night begins with a mysterious knock on the door.

Instantly I am on edge. Rosie and Elise are out picking up snacks but they have keys and I know Levi well enough to be sure that he wouldn't bother knocking before entering the room. So I open the door tentatively and let out a loud exhale when I realise that the corridor is empty. I am about to return to the room when I notice a folded piece of paper on the floor. Slowly bending down to pick it up I cannot decide if this feels more like some cheesy romance or horror movie. Either way I'm not overly keen on reading the note.

Howard,

Get your ass down to reception NOW!

Matson

PS: Please

PSS: Wear something nice :)

It's easy to work out who the note is from, even if Levi wasn't the only one to call me Howard, I'd recognise his sloppy handwriting anywhere. For some reason a small smile graces my face and I pull the door shut softly as I retreat to the room.

A small part of my mind tells me that maybe going somewhere with Levi is not the best idea but the rest of my mind is already ordering my muscles to rifle through my wardrobe in search of something 'nice'. Not that Levi has given me much of a definition of what that means. Is this quaint little cafe nice or insanely posh restaurant nice?

Eventually I settle on a sundress and pair it with glittery heels to dress it up slightly. That way it looks kind of dressy but hopefully not overdressed. As a last thought I grab a grey cardigan from the wardrobe, a cardigan is always a good bet if you're not sure how casual to be.

My eyes scan reception as I walk down the stairs, concentrating hard on not falling over. Levi is stood to one side, he is playing with the hem of his shirt as his foot taps rhythmically and he constantly looks from side to side before glancing at his watch. I am so preoccupied with his movements that it takes me a while to notice the jacket and tie. It's a sight I never thought I'd see; Levi in a suit.