Day 30: Music Is Unable To Hurt You Like People Can

I found out,

You're going out with him.

Start Destination: Paris, France

End Destination: Paris, France

Via: Zénith de Paris

11:01PM (GMT) / 12:01AM (Local Time)

For a few moments the only sounds in the room are Levi's sobs and his mumbled curse words. The words float around the room making the air seem thicker and fuelling the uncertainty inside my head.

Elise, Rosie and I remain still. No one quite sure what to do.

Eventually Rosie takes a few tentative steps towards her brother and perches on his arm rest before wrapping a nervous arm around his shoulder and pulling him closer.

"It'll be okay," she murmurs under her breath, "it's all going to be okay."

Levi shakes his head and for a second I think he is going to pull away. But then his body elicits another sob and he buries his head in Rosie's shoulder without saying a word.

"Levi," Rosie says slowly, "what's up?"

"Gemma," Levi spits out the word as if it's poison in his mouth.

"What's happened to Gemma?" Rosie asks. "I'm sure she'll be fine whatever's happened."

"Nothing's happened to her," Levi tells us in an icy tone, "she's perfectly happy."

"Then what's wrong?"

"Gemma," Levi chokes, "is perfectly happy with Rob, the guy she was kissing by the pool when I arrived, the guy who she apparently introduced to her parents as her boyfriend, they were confused as hell when I arrived and told them I was dating their daughter."

"But," Rosie sounds confused, "you're her boyfriend."

"Exactly," Levi says, "but apparently I'm not right for her, the two of us just aren't meant to be and I'm not really meet the parents material."

"Bitch!" Rosie exclaims.

Levi's face sinks and I watch as his expression changes to one of conflict.

"I don't know," Levi replies, "I mean things haven't been working out between the two of us for a while and it's not like I've been completely faithful."

"You cheated on her?" Rosie asks.

Levi looks up at me and he appears shocked as if he expects me to have told his sister about sleeping with him. I refuse to meet his eyes and keep my gaze fixed on the wall above his head.

"Yeah," Levi says timidly.

"I'd not gonna excuse what you've done," Rosie tells him, "but your mistake doesn't cancel hers out. You both did wrong but you're my brother so I'm going to think of her as a bitch even if you're an asshole too and that girl you cheated on her with better have been hot."

A small smile slips onto Levi's face and he reaches in to hug his sister tentatively.

"Thanks sis."

"No problem."

"Yeah," Levi mutters but he sounds unsure, "anyway, I'm going to go to bed, hopefully I'll feel better in the morning."