𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙵𝚘𝚞𝚛: Meeting Ultraviolet

Violet is awoken from her sleep by a loud scream coming from outside her house

Violet is awoken from her sleep by a loud scream coming from outside her house. It sounded like a distraught woman. Instinctively, she grabs her suit and flies out, shocked to see a tall man in a large red suit, speeding over and knocking the mugger down.

She gasps. There is someone else like her? She hovers a little above her roof, surveilling the scene. "Hyper speed, check!" Another boy shouts.

"Freddy?" She whispers to herself, eyes wide. What could a boy like Freddy be doing around some dude with super speed. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I thought you were the one that was screaming." The man in the red suit says.

"I sprayed him with pepper spray." The woman explains, motioning towards the crying man. "Smart move!" The tall man nods, before lifting the mugger.

"Yeah, hey. Mister, why don't you give the old lady her purse back?" He instructs. "Um, I'm your age. And he didn't get a chance to take it because I didn't let him." The woman fires back, flashing her purse.

Violet squints her eyes in confusion. This encounter is definitely strange. She couldn't quite tell whether this man meant any harm or not.

"Great! Wow, you're really ahead of this stuff." He nods at the woman, awkwardly smiling. "And that should teach you that old ladies— regular aged ladies like yourself.." he trails off after correcting himself.

"Don't need protecting, right? So get woke, bro!" He yells to the mugger. Get woke? Violet thought to herself. She has never even heard someone say that other than their teachers when attempting to be trendy.

"I'm sorry, who are you?" The woman questions. "His name is Thundercrack! Hero to the people with all the power of speed and lightning all in one." Freddy says as he makes his way over.

Violet chuckles. "That sounds like a butt thing." She whispers as the man says the same thing out loud. "Uh.." Freddy shrugs. "Mr. Philadelphia!"

"Cream cheese thing, dude!" The man responds. Violet can't help but smile at the boy's awkwardness. "Power boy cause he's got all the powers and sometimes pepper spray can't protect against evil." Freddy makes another attempt.

"Power boy, do you know this child?" The woman inquires. Freddy latches onto his arm with an innocent smile. "Like a.. like a tiny little bit. Really. I don't really know hi—" Freddy slaps his arm.

"Yeah. He's like my manager. He's like a little miniature manager." He nods. "That, Uh..you know. And power boy's not gonna work either, okay? We'll work on something else." The man looks down at the short boy.