𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎: It's Sharp

Violet leans her head into her palm as she doodles onto her new sketchbook

Violet leans her head into her palm as she doodles onto her new sketchbook. "Hey. You're violet, right?" Billy asks, taking a seat beside the girl. She looks up at him. "Yeah. That's me." She nods.

"You know what's funny?" He says, earning a hum in response. "We were just talking about Ultraviolet when you fell out of the tree— I mean, fell down on the lawn." He raises his eyebrows.

"What are you talking about?" She chuckles nervously, pushing a strand of her hair behind her ear. "A branch fell down at the same time you did. How stupid do you think I am?" He responds.

"So, how'd you get up on that tree. Unless you have powers that can get you up there." He crosses his arms. She huffs. "Is this a prank or—"

"Flight or— Oh hi, Violet." Freddy waves, slamming his tray down. "Anyways, flight or invisibility?" He asks, looking to the two.

Having just had the previous conversation a moment ago, this question startled Violet. "I.. uh..." She stammers, looking to Billy.

"If you could have one superpower. What would you pick? Flight or invisibility?" Freddy asks again. When nobody responds, he continues talking.

"I mean— everyone chooses flight! You wanna know why?" Freddy asks. "So they can fly away from this conversation?" Billy responds. Oh, how Violet desperately wanted to do that.

"Because Heroes fly! And who doesn't want people to think they're a hero, right?" Freddy cuts in. Billy nods, standing up and beginning to walk away.

"But— But invisibility, I mean, no way. It's pervy. Spying around on people who don't even know you're there, sneaking around everywhere. It's a total villain power, right?" He shouts, causing the entire cafeteria to go silent and stare at him.

Violet sighs, shaking her head and walking off. "Vi, where are you going? Hey, Vi!" He calls, watching her enter the girl's bathroom in the hall while he decides to follow after Billy.

She leans on the wall beside the bathroom door with a sigh. Freddy's right. What she did yesterday was totally idiotic and pervy of her. So no one would see her panic, she clenches her first, becoming invisible.

She doesn't even know if billy told Freddy what he suspected. Suddenly, Freddy's loud voice booms through the halls just outside.

"Then they did this study. And this is a real thing. They asked people the same question. You know, what— what power do you want? But this time, they made it so the answers were anonymous. And— and most people, since they knew it was anonymous, said invisibility. And I think is cause most people don't feel like heroes on the inside deep down." Freddy rambles.