~ Chapter 7: There for You ~

By mid-noon of the next day, you stood at the Stagway waiting for Yirel to return. A feeling in the pit of your stomach began to settle as you knew you were basically going to deal with the life you were forced into. You would be facing Yirel, hearing his harsh comments and feeling his constant hated gaze. Though you thought of Grimm, how his kind eyes and gentle smile let you know you had someone to look forward to that night. You just had to push through the day to let your true self show at night.

          Just then the Stagway pulled in and people began to pile off, one being Yirel who had a stern look on his face as always. The sight of him made your stomach twist in knots, and not in a good way as he approached you slowly.

          “Welcome back dear.” You bowed a bit to him and he gave you a dark glare and a simple hum as his response.

          “How did the shop do?” He began walking away and you followed right by him.

          “Very well, we made a decent amount. It seems like we are getting underway nicely.” You kept your tone of voice light but knew at some point Yirel would say something to put you down.

          “It better have made some progress. I have been working hard on that shop.” He mumbled, and you pursed your lips together. Right, you didn’t run the shop technically he did. Even though you had worked in the shop, and even cleaned it all by yourself. You were in no place to argue.

          “Yes, dear.” You only mumbled quietly, you began to wish you were with Grimm. Joking, talking, drinking tea and enjoying another's company. You had both gotten to be very close already. Grimm was the first person in a long time to be a trusted person, dare you say a friend. This rare figure in a new land who knew your pain and left such a lasting impression already, he was honestly your only friend. No matter how odd it seemed, he did bring you comfort and ease instead of the constant fear of angering him. Being around Yirel was like walking on hot coals, no matter how quickly and carefully you worked with him it still hurt extremely. Grimm, on the other hand, was just like being wrapped in a gentle blanket and staying in bed with warm tea and a book. He was the purest thought of comfort, peace, and tranquility…

          You made it back home to the shop with Yirel and when you entered he began walking upstairs, not even batting an eye at the shop and how you made it look nice and welcoming for newcomers.

          “Y/n, get up here and unpack my items.” He ordered you, which you only let out a gentle sigh and followed up the stairs after him. He then allowed himself to lay down and relax as you went through unpacking and sorting his items from the trip. How did your family not see how lazy and childish this man was? The blind could probably tell how horrible a person he was… Yet here you were, still stuck with him.

          As you continued to sort through his items and put things away, something in the pocket of one of his cloaks caught your eye. You looked over to your bedroom, and could already hear him snoring. He was out cold and would be for a while. It wouldn't hurt to see what small things he kept on him, maybe it was the smallest chance that it was some gift he hid for you. As you pulled it out, it was a beautiful silver necklace with a heart pendant but nothing you would wear more want to wear. The name on it also made things a bit more upsetting, carved into the heart was the name 'Vililoa'. It was someone else's necklace.

          Your mind instantly jumped to just it being an item he found. Though the scent on the cloak was sickly sweet, and nothing you smelled on yourself or Yirel before. It made you want to puke as you threw the cloak down to the side and felt your face become red with embarrassment, shame, and even a bit of anger. Why were you even surprised that Yirel would do such a thing? You didn't bring this man any joy, which he used to make your life a living hell. Your estranged fiance found satisfaction elsewhere, and in a sense, you knew you did also.