~ Chapter 1: Rumors ~

Roughly two days later, Yirel and you had gotten the shop set up and opened for business. Though when you said Yirel and you, you really meant just yourself. He wasn't even here to run the shop, as you stood behind the counter. Your feet were killing you since you had no chair to sit at while waiting around. It was ultimately miserable as Yirel went out to bargain for items and at least got to see the town he claimed to despise. You, on the other hand, were left with nothing but an occasional duo or group walking in and looking around.

          At least those kept your interest. The stories people would walk in with, and then gossip over. It was fun to hear a bit of everyone's life, was it something you were proud of doing? No, but you would end up going insane if you just stood here motionless doing absolutely nothing. 

          When you opened the shop for today and stood at the counter, a trio of women walked in to window-shop. That was all this store was good for, looking around and nothing else. The trio talked amongst each other with friendliness and basic chatter. Asking about each other's personal lives, the weather that never changed, and making small jokes. How you wanted nothing more than to have friends like this and be able to chatter and joke as these women did. Then one of them spoke up lightly.

          “Have you heard of the wretched news actually?” A young butterfly asked, looking back to her friends.

          “What news?” A small pill bug then asked she was looking at something on one of the lower shelves before setting it back to face the butterfly. The last was a mantis girl who only silently looked into the conversation before speaking up,

          “Wait, do you speak of the issues downtown?” Her voice held an accent you almost didn’t understand. The butterfly hummed and nodded.

          “Indeed! The tents!” She said sharply. The tents?

          “Oh, horrid things. Cursed music, and damned fates… They are a sore thumb in this city, Opa how did you not hear?”

          “I tend to be the last to everyone’s words! Now tell me this!” The pill bug placed her hands on her hips with sass and determination. The mantis chuckled at her small friend’s bold stance.

          “Well, not to sound like a mere child telling a story. Everyone only knows that the tents have just appeared from out of no origin!" The butterfly spoke while moving her hands and the mantis then spoke up,

          "Legends say that the tents only appear at a kingdom's fall."

          "A kingdom's fall?" The other two said in unison, to which made the mantis nod.

          "My grandmother told a story, told by her grandmother to her. A magical group of beings that collect the flames from our nightmares. One of the only known group of beings to still rely on our subconscious… They only appear when the end of a kingdom is near. Rumors also sprouted that the tents appeared in Hollownest when the infection was still raging against the citizens. Though if they're back now? Maybe it's all just a rumor after all…" 

          "Well. News from the palace has come into light as well." The butterfly mumbled causing their eyes to land on her. "There seem to be negative feelings between Council leader Miil and the Militia leader Neiso. Possible acts against one another, it could cause a civil war in the kingdom alone." She mumbled. They all looked to one another with a bit of fear.

          "A civil war? It would be a mess if that happened now! Maybe those tents are a warning." Opa whimpered, you began to really catch a strong interest in their conversation. It was a bit exciting and amusing.

          "We can't do anything about it either. We can go down there and look at the tents I guess. I heard they really stand out! They don't even match the area at all… It's like stepping into a whole new world." The mantis clapped her claws together and with that, they all began to leave. You were left to silence before it was broken by Yirel returning home. You stood up a bit taller as he looked in a huff.

          "How was your day-"

          "-I don't want to talk about it. Did you make dinner?" He muttered and you stammered,

          "U-um. I've been working the shop all day. I haven't had time to make dinner." Yirel then slammed his hand on the counter and you flinched. Looking up at him with a bit of fear for once.

          "Then stop standing around you fooling tramp and be useful." He spat and you rushed past him and upstairs. Afraid to be near him any longer. You dreaded what your life would be like if Yirel became physically violent, though you pushed that out of your mind. Instead, you were stuck on the tents that had supposedly taken place in this city. Whatever they held, made the people extremely scared.

          You wanted to see them for yourself, and you would do so no matter what the cause. 

Sorry for such a short chapter. I had practice today, but I'll start rolling a lot smoother from here on out. Sleep well, everyone. I'll be streaming tomorrow also with Xavier hopefully. So keep an eye out for when I drop that announcement! Ciao!

-S_I_R