Chapter 1 - My 18th Birthday

"Wait, stop!" I exclaimed, causing my friends to giggle loudly because it couldn't hear me. It was my 18th birthday, and we were playing Slenderman. I was almost dying because of this myth, and my friends were over there dying of laughter.

"Oh my god, stop you're killing us, Lillian!" shouted Violet, in a bunch of laughter. She was a great friend and all, but she was a bit girly.

"I'm not trying to! I'm only trying to keep from dying! Slendy here is tracking me!" I shouted back, determined to finish the game. It only made the girls laugh more. Finally, after I finished the game, I turned the lights on and the girls had red faces, with tears streaming down them from laughter.

"Was I that funny?" I asked quietly, with a smirk on my face.

"You were hilarious," said Kyah. Kyah was full on tomboy. I'm probably more tomboy than girly, because video games are the best.

"What time is it?" I yawned after asking.

"11:34 PM! We're so bad!" giggled Violet.

"Ughhh...I'm so tired..." Kyah mumbled.

"I'm going to sleep," said Kyah.

"Goodnight!" said Violet sweetly. I swear, she can be the strangest person at times.

"Now that I think about it, I'm pretty pooped too. I'm going to HIT THE HAY!" exclaimed Violet. "Hehe! Nighty-night!"

"I'm gonna sleep tooo...." my voice trailed off as I layed down, and I instantly fell asleep. I had no dream.

I woke up at 12:34, I checked my phone and frowned. I only slept for an hour or so..? I got up quietly, I need water... all of the sudden, my laptop flickered on. I saw Cleverbot on the screen. What's going on? I tiptoed over to it, and sat down quickly. This is freaking me out. I clicked on the typing tab and typed cautiously.

~CLEVERBOT CONVERSATION~

User: Hello.

Cleverbot: I like your shirt, I prefer Majora's Mask though.

My shirt..? How could it see what shirt I was wearing?

User: What's Majora's Mask? Isn't that a Zelda game?

Cleverbot: ...you shouldn't have done that.

I flinched at reading that. That line seems familiar.

User: What did I do? Who are you?

Cleverbot: BEN.

~END OF CONVERSATION~

I quickly clicked off Cleverbot. I was getting scared now. Then the screen had a few words on it, although I clicked off the tab.

"YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE DONE THAT,"

I backed away, and then I felt freezing cold hands on my shoulder, that most certainly didn't belong to Kyah or Violet. I felt the person's warm breath on my neck as they whispered,

"You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?"

 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------