Chapter 15

There was a banging on the door that woke me up.

Wait a second-why was I even asleep?!

I thought me and Tom were studying for the-

Ohhh.

My eyes fall on the brown haired boy whose nearly sunken into Misty's couch right across from my own similar position.

With a loud unlady like yawn, I get up from my position on the couch to wake up sleeping beauty before Misty gets home.

''Tom, wake up.'' I say, approaching him.

As suspected, he doesn't even stir.

''Tom!'' I shout, leaning over him. ''Get your lazy butt up mister! Last time I checked, Sierra didn't invite you to spend the night on her sofa!''

Grey eyes fly open at that and I smirk. Mission complete.

''Heya.'' I say. ''How was your nap?''

''Ugh.'' He groans, rolling over and I make sure to accidentally pull the pillow off the couch that I know may or may not make him fall.

His back hits the floor with a thump, and I burst into laughter.

''Haha! That was perfect! You just- ahhh!'' I scream as Tom trips me with his arm.

''Friggin jerk!''

~

About 20 minutes after Tom leaves, Misty arrives by herself and I suddenly began to wonder where her parents could be.

''Hey Misty?''

''Yeah?''

''Where are Sandra and Chris? I haven't seen them in a few days.''

''Ah, right.'' She says flopping down on the couch next to me. ''They're still on their business trip, but don't worry they've been contacted about the attempted bombing and they have decided to come back as soon as they can.''

''Why?''

''You know how my parents are.'' Misty says with a sigh. ''Once something happens to someone in their protection they go overboard. Even if they're not here, they still feel like they could have done something. So they go all 'Have to get back and make sure this doesn't happen againr, or that doesn't happen again'.''

''Ohh I understand, but they have to know its not their fault. I mean. What could they have done to prevent it? They're miles away!''

Misty nods. ''Yep, but that's my parents.''

''They are awesome though.''

''They'd be even more awesome if they buy me a new IPhone 6.''

I sit up. ''Didnt you just get that phone? What the hell happened to it?!''

Misty blushes. ''Well... me and Connor were swimming and...''

Oh God.

~

It's 2:00 in the morning when my dad calls me.

''Hello?''

''Hey, kid. Sorry to call so early in the morning, but we need you to answer an important question.''

''Sure.'' I reply with a yawn. Im only trying to sleep.

''Okay, so reports show that this David guy has been sneaking around on the team.''

I sit up in bed at that. ''Really? How?''

Dad sighs. ''Apparently there was a cop that transferred from a few cities over to our department. No name or anything of the sort. All we knew was there's a new fellow heading over.''