Chapter 2

''Sierra!'' I yell

''Surprise, Rosie.'' She laughs

I pull her hands off my face with a frustrated groan

''You scared the crap out of me!''

''Wait- I scared you? You never get scared.'' She states, concern evident in her voice ''Whats wrong? Did something happen?''

''No.'' I say picking up my dropped phone

She stares at me

''Fine.'' I immediately surrender. It has to come to the light somehow. ''I was driving when this creep just jumped on my car-no big deal, Mist.''

She raises two shocked eyebrows. '' 'No big deal?', Rosie this is a huge deal! That guy could have been a serial killer- you could've gotten kidnapped for christs-sake!''

''But I wasn't.'' I state with a smile

She's smacks me on the arm. ''That isn't the point Rose, you can't just take this lightly. Things like this dont happen everyday, you know?''

I sigh. I hate it when she's right. ''I know and im sorry, Mist.''

''Its alright you doofus.'' She jokes ''But you know how I am when it comes to situations like this.''

Its true- I do know how much things like this affect her. Eight years ago when Misty was eight herself, her older brother went missing. We still dont know if he was abducted or just ran away. We still dont know if he's dead or alive. It doesn't really help with the fact that he was in a mental institution when it occurred. The nurse called Misty's family only to tell them that they couldn't find David, along with a couple of empty promises to put up flyers, send police out on the area and basically do everything in their power to get him back. Yeah- funny, thats what everyone always says when someone goes missing, however it rarely ever happens.

''Yeah, I do.'' I respond hardly recalling our conversation too lost in past memories

Misty nods with a sad smile more than likely sensing my train of thought. ''Well that's the past and this is the future, and I say we go in there, get ourselves some smoothies and pretend this never happened.''

~

And that's how we ended up here at Tropical Smoothie slurping down strawberry smoothies with 22 dollars to our names, yet laughing like there was no tomorrow.

''-so are you really telling me that she said that...and out loud?'' I attempt to whisper the last part, holding my stomach to prevent anymore giggles.

''Yep.'' Misty confirms ''She said it loud and clear.''

''Wow.'' I breathe ''I mean, I honestly believe that its my destiny to meet One Direction and all- cause it is my freaking destiny- but seriously? Trying to get the money, fly to London for the boys only to smell one of Harry's shoes?''

Misty only laughs with a shake of her head

''Just one? Not even both of them?'' I stress causing Misty to laugh harder

''Its a crazy world, Rosie. A crazy world.''

I chuckle ''More like crazy girls- crazy fangirls to be exact.''

We sit in silence after that. Watching as people leave and come. I watch one couple in particular. The girl- which is a blonde- is speaking to the cashier, obviously ordering the food, while the other guy who looks awfully like the douche that jump to my car is holding his arm, glancing around with the food court like a prisoner who has just escaped jail. If it wasn't for the blonde clutching his hand I'm pretty sure he would have bailed a long time ago. I continue to watch the two as another man approaches the fidgety guy. They both exchange a few words, my ears only picking up something about 'be careful' and 'get caught' before the other guy leaves the two, purposely bumping into Mr. Fidgets as he went.

To say that it puts me on edge would have to be an understatement.

I turn to Misty, who is currently tapping away on her phone.

''Mist.''

''Yeah?'' She asks not bothering to look up from her screen

''I think im gonna go get another smoothie, do you want anything?''

''Uhhh, no thanks Rosie.'' She smiles finally looking up at me a second before giving her eyes back to her cell.

Well then.....

I round to the table adjacent to ours, trying my best not to appear so suspicious to others as I walk up to the couple. That one guy has moved to my far right, his back to me so I tapped the blonde on the shoulder who is still waiting for her order: quite impatiently to say the least.

She turns around her blue eyes connecting with my brown

''Hi.'' I grin

''Umm... Not trying to be mean or anything, but do I know you?''

'Not trying to be mean'

Huh.

''No, you dont know me, but im Rose.''

''Oh -well nice to meet you Rose, im Laura.''

I smile again ''Nice to meet you too. Now I was just wondering is he- is that guy over there alright? I mean I couldn't help but notice him fidgeting a bit.''

''Oh him? Yeah he's fine.''

I glance at him out the corner of my eye

Oh- right, because looking left and right every two seconds is completely normal.

I sigh, already sensing that Laura isn't going to give anything up.

''Alright, it was nice to meet you, Laura... I have to go do something really quick.''

She finally receives her seemingly long awaited smoothie before turning to me with an odd look on her face. I smile awkwardly and attempt to leave but she moves in front of me. As I move to the right she move the same way, and its the same to the left. I open my mouth to speak yet Laura is suddenly pushing an old lady out the way, running to the fidgety guy before there both gone. Just like that.

''What the hell?''

I make my way back to the table only to grab Misty- who's still on her phone- by her arm

''We gotta go, Mist.''

''Why?'' She asks scrambling to get her things

''Just- Just trust me on this, we have alot to talk about.''

--

A/N: I would love if you commented on our story :)

First to do so will get a dedication! -Misty_heartsgrey xx