Chapter 10

''Party this Friday!!'' Is the first thing I hear when I get to school on Wednesday.

''Who's party?'' Misty asks coming up next to me.

''I honestly don't know.'' I answer, taking my math book out of my locker.

''We should totally go!''

I close my locker. ''Misty you know I don't do well at parties.''

And it's true. Either im partying too much, or not partying enough. Freshman year I went to a party and made the mistake of bringing homework, thinking there wouldn't be that many people. Boy, was I wrong. I ended up getting called a lame nerd and if it wasn't for Misty standing up for me I know I would've left that place in tears. Then I tried again Sophomore year and it was better. Apparently a little too much better seeing as I got almost got drunk and literally had to be dragged out of the girl's house at 12 at night.

So yeah, im not exactly the partying type.

''True.'' Misty agrees. ''But you know what they say: third times the charm.''

''Yeah, not for me.'' I say just as the bell rings.

''Whateves.'' Misty says jokingly, then heads off to her 1st period.

I lean against my locker and let out a sigh. Should I go to the party? It would probably be a fun was to make a few new friends, but first I have to find out who's party it is. Because if it's Tom's then that's just completely out of the question.

Just as that thought leaves my mind Tom walks by and smiles at me.

He smiles. What the hell has been going on lately?

I throw him an awkward wave before rushing off to my class.

~

After school I wait for my mom to pick me up. Misty has to stay at school for her lacrosse game, and she absolutely needs her car because she has to take a couple of her fellow team members home.

I'm waiting for about 10 minutes, and I begin to believe that she's forgotten about me.

Just as I pull out my phone a certain tall brown haired boy approaches me. ''Hey, Rose.'' He says leaning against the wall next to me.

''Hey.'' I actually smile back this time. ''What's up?''

He looks up. ''Well right now. Just an bad excuse of a proper railing.''

I face palm. ''I didn't mean literally.''

''Oh.'' He says looking a little confused and even though he's probably just kidding with me I can't deny how adorable that face is.

''Nothing really.'' He answers. ''I've just been chilling. What about you?''

''Same.'' I say, then a question pops in my head. ''How come I've never seen you out here before?'' Even when I do have a early ride, me and Misty always pass by here and I've never seen him out here.

''Football try outs.''

''Ohh. I gotta be honest, I didn't really take you as the football type of guy.''

He smirks and faces me. ''And why's that?''

''I don't know. You just have that whole 'Im too cool to support this school' personality.''

''Is that so?''

''Yup.'' I say checking the time on my phone.

''What about you, Rose? Are you in any after school knitting clubs?''

I glare up at him. ''Okay, firstly there is no knitting clubs here, and fyi im just waiting for my mum to pick me up because my friend has to stay after school.''