Chapter 12

So, apparently when Tom said he wanted to meet me he wasn't kidding.

After school we met up at the local Panera Bread. I had took my car and he jogged here.

Why? I have no clue. Something about staying fit. He's really an idiot.

When I arrive at Panera Bread Tom is already there, sitting at a table near the window.

''The view is pretty nice, isn't it?'' I ask taking a seat across from him.

He only smirks and stares at me. ''That was your attempt at a way to start off this discussion?''

''No.'' I say. ''You just were starting out the window like a creeper, so I had to make you seem less weirdo and more normal.''

He tilts his head in confusion.

''You know what, nevermind.'' I mumble. ''So you called me here for a reason, right? What is it?''

''Alright.'' Tom says, his voice suddenly lower, almost secretive. ''If I tell you this you have to swear not to tell anyone else, not even your best friend, Sara.''

''Sierra.'' I correct him.

''Yeah, yeah whatever. You can't tell her.''

''Why not?'' I ask. This must be really really big if I can't tell Misty. We're like sisters. I feel incomplete not sharing my life with her. But I have to keep this one thing from her. Should be manageable.

''I swear.''

Tom nods, then looks back out the window. ''Her brother is town. And from what i've heard, he's been causing quite the chaos.''

~

To say that I was shocked would be like saying that the Jokers laugh was not the most awesome thing anyone could ever hear.

It was a lie.

Because I wasn't just shocked, no I was freaking bewildered.

First I find out Misty's brother is still up and kicking for Christ's sake! Then I discover he's right under our damn noses! And on top of that apparently he's in trouble?!

Jesus help me! How am I ever going to be able to keep my mouth shut about this one?

Tom suddenly turns me almost if sensing my thoughts. ''You can't tell her any of this Rose, because if you do she's going to go looking for him, and trust me when I say she's not going to like what she finds.''

''Wait wait wait.'' I rush, rubbing my temple. ''How do you know all of this?''

Tom's grey eyes become blank out of nowhere, and I for a moment I wonder if I should have asked that question. But I absolutely need an answer.

''Did you come here in your car?'' He asks.

''Yes.'' I say uncertainty.

''Good.'' He says getting up from the table and I immediately stand with him. ''I have more to tell you, but there's too many people in here.''

''Okay.'' I comply, and we head to my car.

~

Sitting in the car I realize how awkward this situation really is. Me and Tom, two very unlikely people sharing such secretive news almost as if it held the key to the universe.

Which, heh, it kinda does at the moment.

''So you know my older brother, Josh right?''

''I've heard of him.'' I supply.