Chapter 4

''Oh, come on mum, please don't tell dad.''

''No, you give me no choice Rose- I don't want to do this as much as you, with him being at work and all, but you're just being completely rebellious right now.''

''Rebellious?'' I ask in disbelief ''Mum, you're making me tutor kids all school-year. What about the things I want to do? I was actually going to take your advice and try out for the debate team-''

''And you still can.'' She states

''But that's not fair! All of the other girls already have their trip paid for.''

My mom sighs closing the front door before looking to me with a sincere look in her eyes. ''Rosaura, honey, you're going to have to learn that life isn't going to be fair- you're not always going to get what you want. And all I'm trying to do is teach you this the easy way to save you from discovering the hard way. Honey, I am so sorry if I ever made you feel that I was just being cruel and making you pay for the trip because I didn't care enough to do it for you myself. That was never my intentions, darling. It's just, I don't want you to be like me- so used to my parents doing everything for me that I seemed like a fish out of water as soon as they stopped providing- I dont want that for you Rose.''

''Mum.'' I breathe ''I- '' What could I say? I had no words for what she had just told me. It all makes sense now. Why she has been so hard on me lately. It was because she hadn't been hard enough.

I walk up to my mom, pausing for a second before throwing my arms around her in a tight hug

''Im so sorry mum.'' I mumble quietly feeling tears gather up in my eyes.

''It's alright Rose.'' She says moving her hand through my hair and normally that would annoy me, but now it just soothes me more than anything.

After that fiasco we find ourselves sitting down eating some Chinese as we watch Netflix and somewhere between me and my mom laughing as a doctor drinks alcohol with his patient, I start to forget why we were arguing in the first place.

If only for a moment.

~

'You're over my head'

'I'm out of my mind'

'Thinking I was born, at the wrong time'

'One of a kind living in a world gone plastic'

'Baby you're so classic.'

''Ugh.'' I groan hitting my alarm clock.

Apparently Misty wasn't kidding when she said she could put music on my old beat up clock.

She never mentioned how loud it would be.

I sit up is my bed for about 10 minutes thanking God I don't have to ride the bus because I probably would have missed that train long ago. I sigh. Today's the first day back since Winter Break.

This should be interesting.

~

''Rose!''

''Hey Rose!''

''Rosie, wait!''

I come to a stop in the 200 building, hearing Misty call my name.

''What's up, Mist?''

''Nothing much.'' She breathes as she finally catches up to me ''It's just I didn't want HER finding us.''

Lily or HER as Misty calls her was our stalker. Mainly Misty's more than mine. She has been stalking us everysince this year began. Misty believes that the girls a real creeper because she has this really dark personality but I think she's just looking for some friends.