𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞

It had been a few weeks since the uniform incident and nothing has happened since. Sebastian even started working longer hours to make up for the days he misses when Chris has a football game. He was desperate for a distraction and when working and chatting with Letitia all day doesn't work, sitting down and watching Chris play does. It helps him to focus on only the person in front of him. Or, matter of factly, the team in front of him, taking his school to the finals.

He, Letitia, Emily, and the rest of the group who weren't in the team were all sitting in the stands, watching, screaming, cheering Chris and Anthony on. They were all wrapped up warmly, Sebastian wearing Chris's jacket in which he had lended when he saw what little clothes Sebastian had on, and were stuffing their faces with hotdogs and chips.

"Man, Chris is really on his A game." Emily comments. "He's always been amazing, don't get me wrong, but seriously, he's a beast."

Sebastian nods in agreement. "Yeah, he gets better every game."

Emily grins mischievously and leans over, cupping a hand against Sebastian's ear. "Must be because you're here."

Sebastian feels the blush run up his neck even before he feels it on his cheeks and bites his lip. Emily smirks. "Guess you already knew that, huh?"

Sebastian shoves her playfully and watches with interest as Chris yells out a play and the game continues. He runs to the back, gazes around to see if anyone is free before bolting through the centre of the field.

The rush of a touchdown, the spirit of the game and the adrenaline from the stands all becomes a blur to Sebastian. His hearing fuzzy as he watches Chris guide his team to victory, and in seconds, the crowd is screaming and Letitia and Emily are shaking him, faces red from the cold and the excitement.

They had won.

Not wasting another second, Sebastian bolts down the bleachers and onto the wet grass, making his way towards Chris. He screams his name without a thought and catches Chris's attention, giving him enough time to throw off his helmet before lunging into a hug.

Chris catches the smaller with ease, lifting his feet off the ground before spinning Sebastian around, both laughing. "You won!" Sebastian chants loudly. "You won!"

Chris grins and sets Sebastian back onto his feet, but doesn't break from the hug, burying his nose into Sebastian's neck. "It was all you, Seb." Chris whispers.

Sebastian freezes and pulls from the hug, blue hues wide and sparkling. "W-what?"

Chris takes ahold of Sebastian's cold hands, giving a reassuring smile. "I play better every time you watch me, Seb... I... I really—

A sudden scream and tackle to the side cuts Chris off, knocking a soft "Oof" from his lips. Emily grins up at Chris. "Congratulations!" She cries happily.

Sebastian stands awkwardly off to the side, blushing immensely. What was Chris going to say? Was he going to tell me what I think he was going to tell me? Sebastian shakes his head. No. Chris likes girls more than guys.

Emily looks between the two and has to stop herself from smirking. "Oh.. did I interrupt something?" She asks innocently.

Chris shakes his head and places a fake smile to his lips. "No, Seb was just congratulating me." He responds almost sadly.