𝐓𝐰𝐨

At the sound of the click of the door, it started again. The smashing of glass, pained screams, begs for the treatment to stop. The loss of light. The pouring of blood, sticky and thick, covering the tiled floor to soon be dried and washed away by shaking, fretful hands.

The opening of eyes, spilling tears down hot, bruising cheeks. The snores of a drunken man passed out in the living room. The peak of light through open curtains, letting Sebastian know he was to get to school in the next hour.

And just like routine, shaking, fretful hands wash away the blood from the floor. Shaking, fretful hands wipe away dried blood from his sore to the touch, pale skin.  Shaking, fretful hands change dirty clothing to clean and crisp, covering ones to hide the fresh welts. And lastly, shaking, fretful hands lift a heavy bag and close and lock the wooden door of its home.

Sebastian moves his pale, skinny body fast across the walkway, lugging his bag and humming softly to the music playing softly through his headphones. Music, just like the forest, seemed to be his escape route. His bubble from reality. It made him feel loved, cherished. Like he was here for a reason.

The sky was a dull blue, covered in white fluffy clouds that drifted throughout its abis. The sun was shining softly against Sebastian, almost like a warm hug, which put the smallest of smiles across his lips for just a second. His smile was rare. Nobody had seen him, lips tugged up to his eyes at the corners of his mouth, beautiful white teeth showing, eyes crinkled at the corners, in years. He kept it specially for when he was with his mother. But now that she was gone, Sebastian couldn't find many reasons to smile anymore. So, he does them to the sun and the moon in hopes that his mother could see it. That it put her at ease. That it put a smile on her flawless face.

At seeing the large, withering building of his school in the distance, sends the boy into a small panic and he rips out his headphones and bows his head. The last time Sebastian had kept his headphones in, they ended up being broken and he had to wait for months to buy a new pair. He clutches at the cuffs of his sleeves, tucking them into the palms of his shaking, fretful hands, takes in a deep breath and walks up those three steps to his second hellhole.

The halls were loud, filled with laughter and conversations by nearby students, all happy and content, rummaging through lockers or clutching at their books. It made Sebastian's stomach fill with a large bolder, weighing him down and making him feel sick. Everyone had perfect lives, perfect friends, perfect grades, perfect clothes, fuck, perfect everything. They all seemed so happy.

But none of them. None of them were as perfect as him. He who was blonde haired, blue eyed, and strongly built. He who was kind, smart, and captain of the football team. He who was always grateful and surrounded by a large group of friends. He who had small specks of stardust behind those gorgeous eyes. He who goes by the name of Chris Evans.

Sebastian had taken a liking to Chris the moment he laid eyes on him in English at the beginning of the year, rushing in late and apologising, speaking on helping a teacher and not realising the bell had rung. He had worn jeans, a white T-shirt that clung to his perfect body and a football jersey. He had taken the seat just in front of Sebastian, getting out his books and jotting the notes down neatly.

Sebastian felt as if his mood was ever so slightly lifted at seeing Chris in the hallway or in English, seeing that perfect smile and wishing that Sebastian could be in his group of friends, happy, smiling and laughing. But whenever one of them ever looked over at him, Sebastian would turn his head away and speed down the hallway or shift his eyes back down into his book. He didn't deserve their kindness.