𝐅𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

The two emerge from the icy water an hour later, Sebastian's teeth chattering and his whole skin covered in goosebumps. Chris was the same, holding on tightly to the latter as he carries him, trying to fold their body heat together. It was freezing to say the least.

Sebastian was clutching onto Chris tightly, shivering, hiding his face once more in the crook of Chris's neck. He liked the way Chris carried him so carefully, thumbs resting underneath his shirt on his bony hips.

Chris was rubbing circles into Sebastian's hips, biting his lower lip at feeling a bump, a scar, go right across the bone of the hip. He wanted to say something, but he didn't want to ruin their amazing time and upset Sebastian.

They collect the bag and towels from the sand, laughing as they make their way back to the cabins. "Do you know what I just realised?" Chris says, draping his arm over Sebastian's shoulders. "I haven't got your number."

Sebastian blushes. "You want my number?" He whispers, training his gaze on his wet feet covered in grass and dirt.

"Of course you dork," Chris reassures, ruffling Sebastian's hair playfully, laughing at his small whine of annoyance. "Why wouldn't I?"

Sebastian gives a small shrug, biting his lower lip as a blush sinks onto his cheeks. "I dunno. Are you... are you sure your friends are fine with me being in the group?" He doesn't mean to be so insecure, it's just his nature. He's never had friends, true friends. The last ones he had only used him as a punching bag or someone to give them money.

Chris almost stops right then and there to grab Sebastian's shoulders and shake some sense into him. They had had this same conversation more than once. Chris sighs loudly, squeezing Sebastian's shoulder over a bruise, a small hiss leaving his lips, thankfully going unheard.

"Seb." Chris says softly, "we've been over this. My friends really like you, okay? Especially Scarlett and Anthony. I talked to them all a few nights ago and they all seemed very happy about it." It was the truth. Everyone was happy for Sebastian to join the group. Emily took some time to get used to the idea, but after their small chat on the beach, she was fine.

Sebastian lets out a breath he didn't know he'd been holding and nods. "Sorry.." he mumbles, "I don't mean to be annoying. I just— haven't really had the best experiences with people..."

Chris nods in understanding. "It's totally fine, Seb. Don't apologise for something you have no control over." Chris responds, rubbing his back. "We all go through shit that leaves us timid, but that doesn't mean we can't get through it with some help."

Sebastian smiles. "Thanks, Chris."

"What for?"

"Everything. You've helped me a lot... you got me to smile.. laugh.. it's been way too long." Sebastian whispers.

Chris smiles and stops, turning to face Sebastian. "No problem." He spreads out his arms and captures Sebastian in a hug, resting a chin atop the latter's head. "I'm glad I could help."

Chris made a pact right then and there. No matter what were to happen, Chris would make it his duty to get Sebastian to smile everyday for the rest of the year. Big or small.

They make their way inside of the cabin, Chris practically shoving Sebastian into the bathroom to have the first shower, and begins to unpack the bag. Before he can though, a knock is heard at the door.