Chapter 16: Loren's Match

• Dedicated to Galope Clarizza

CHAPTER 16

Loren's POV

When I got in the middle of the arena, I saw my opponent wearing a rain hitai-ate. I smirked.

'Revenge is sweet' I thought darkly.

The proctor hasn't started the match yet because of a little problem that occurs. So I took that time to examine my opponent.

He has brown spiky hair and chocolate brown eyes, dark complexion but he got the looks. He wore a sleeveless white jacket that is open and underneath it is a metal ninja net only. He wore loose white pants that were tucked inside his black combat boots.

I smiled darkly at him when I noticed that he is also examining me, and as a greeting, I waved with my left hand at him.

"I apologize with my teammate's attitude from earlier. As her leader, I am taking full responsibility for her action" he said while bowing in a respectful yet dignified way.

I blinked, 'Oh man! What happened to my plan!?' I thought.

I sighed, "I accept your...apology. But you have to lecture your teammate after this" I informed while putting my hands on my hips.

He smiled and nodded. Finally the proctor came.

"Both of you ready?" we both nodded. " okay...BEGIN!" he signalled.

We both skidded backward and immediately took a fighting stance. We measured each other's capability by looking at each other's eyes.

He frowned a little and muttered, "Why are you suppressing your chakra? Do you think that I am not worth your power?"

I blinked when it dawn me.

"Oh right..." I mumbled

I closed my eyes that made the others frown, and then I slowly revealed my suppressed chakra. I opened my eyes and met a confuse brown eyes and confused murmurings.

That must be because of my weird chakra, like the Uzumaki's but we have our own unique weirdness. My eyes literally glowed for a moment, but with my contacts on, that moment was hidden.

"You have a weird and...abundant chakra" he mumbled.

"Thanks" I mumbled back.

I drew one of my twin katana that is strap on my back and transferred my chakra in it. He drew three kunai on each of his hands that are clipped in the spaces between his fingers.

I squatted a little more to manage enough force and leaped forward, both of us. Now that I adjusted my crystal, my speed also increases, all of my ability increases. So before he made his way in the middle of the arena, I had already moved and paused half of his way and just in front of him. I knocked his stomach with the handle of my katana and he was thrown backward with the force.

I landed in a crouch position and immediately stood up. He slammed his back on the wall and slid down. When he got over the pain and regain his composure, he once again skidded forward and only to disappear. Four kunai charged at me at the same time in four directions with deadly accuracy. I deflected them all with my katana. Unfortunately, the kunai from my south was tailed by another kunai with chakra string that took me by surprise and successfully scratch my left shoulder and bleeds a little. I groaned in irritation and immediately heightened my vision even more until I can clearly follow his movements. He ran from my left side all the way to my back, so before he could stab me with his kunai, I swiftly twirled around and slash my katana on his chest, despite the metal ninja net, I combined my wind chakra nature in my katana so it became even more sharp. So...