Chapter 27: Bonds part 2

CHAPTER 27

Loren's POV

I fumbled with both of my index fingers, pressing and circling them at one another as I chewed at my lower lip. Whenever I'm very nervous, I always find myself doing these childish habits of mine.

Having had enough, I balled my hands and heaved a weary sigh.

'Seriously! Why am I this nervous over such a trivial thing!? I only need to call the Uchiha so that that old woman won't bug me tomorrow when I get back!'

After more self-argument, I sweat dropped at myself for being weird. I leaned in the palm of my left hand as I propped my elbow at my crossed thighs. I stared at the woods for a long time with hooded eyes, contemplating what to do and how to properly do it. What was wrong with the idea of contacting Sasuke? Big time! Because this will be my very first time calling someone with my necklace. Usually, I'll let them talk first before me, and I'll let them carry the conversation even if it's for a short duration.

I peeked at the corner of my eyes, glancing at my discarded robe that was lying on the dirt ground. I couldn't understand why but when a minute passed after Lady Tsunade's call, I felt so warm, especially in my head part. My churning stomach and incredibly fast beating heart were also not helping me! Ugh!!

My fingers played on my necklace as I continued to be in a trance. Ever since the night were Sasuke told me the words "welcome home" I became more comfortable with him, to the point that it was frightening me. Gai-san was the last person I was comfortable with but not as much as Sasuke was to me.

Ever since he let me cry on his warm embrace on the night before the Prelim match, I kept thinking about him. And ever since he carried me bridal style, I kept searching for his presence. This last two weeks and five days, Konoha hadn't left my mind, especially Sasuke. His always on my mind that one time, inside the forest where Ryo once live, I was distracted as Sasuke's face suddenly popped on my mind when a 20 meter black snake with black eyes lunged at me. I was hesitating to cut it down with the sword Sasuke bought for me that it had a chance spat poison on me, good thing that I had dodge at the right time or else Kusa's going to deal with a melting and screaming Loren. There was also this one time that I was confuse of what was happening to me that I teleported at a random place in the forest and what's worse is that I teleported near the exit of the forest, not in the middle part which is my initial destination. That was very unlikely for me to even happen!

I ran my palms down on my face in frustration as I let out a strained grunt.

"Why, why, why, WHY!!??" At this time I was already tugging down my long black hair. My eyes felt a bit stingy, which surprised me. And I knew that right at this moment my eyes are red, probably from confusion and frustration.

I let go of my hair and let my hands fall on my side, with my shoulders drooping. It's already been thirty minutes since my last conversation with Lady Tsunade.

I looked down on my chest and eyed the small crystal ball with a blue four leaf clover inside.

'Should I call already? Does he already know that I'm going to contact him through his crystal ball? Did Lady Tsunade already tell him how to use it? But what if he will be the one to call? Or what if he couldn't care less to even grab the crystal?' I kept silently asking myself with these dreaded questions until Kusa snapped at me.