Chapter 28: Bonds part 3

Loren’s POV

‘Keep your cool. Keep your cool’ I kept reciting inside my head as I waited for Sasuke to connect his chakra in his crystal ball.

And as I waited, I subconsciously chewed on my lower lip with my left index finger drumming on my thigh. Even though how many times I scolded myself about my childish habit, I couldn’t help but to continue. I was still as nervous as hell even though I have talked to Kusa.

‘Damn it. It is easier said than done!’

My breathing hitched in my throat as soon as I felt the link between out crystal connected, and all of my remaining, and built up, confidence jumped out of the window of my mind. Heck! I even imagined that the time itself paused!

What am I feeling right now? Nothing. Or, what I should be feeling. But no! What I am feeling right now is indescribable, or in a simple term? Clueless. What should I be feeling? Should I be happy? Sad? Boisterous? Obnoxious? Prideful? Wait! Maybe confuse is the right word!!

I was so absorbed in my thought that I didn’t notice that it has been a while since the link of our crystal connected. I didn’t even know if he was getting impatient and said something that I missed.

So to snap back at reality, I shook my head from side to side to rid me of the uncertainty that had clouded my head and finally release the air that was begging for me to free.

“Um… did you say something?” was my first sentence that was wavering in every wrong place.

“….. I hadn’t said anything” he responded, his voice sounding so suave and smooth.

My heart skipped a beat as I sucked in some air. I just don’t know if it’s from the embarrassment or from hearing his voice. Now I’m becoming weird, weirder than before!

‘Of course it’s the former!’ I thought forcefully, stressing the idea more just to convince myself.

And as the embarrassment dawned on me, I sweat dropped. I shouldn’t be having a mental debate about that! I should be minding my shattering pride!

I closed my literally irritated eyes as I breathed in and out deeply, trying to help myself to calm my nerves down. Fortunately, I did.

‘It’s time to get serious’ I internally chanted.

I am a ninja who has been trained to be strong, to be perfect. They toned me to never falter, to never surrender. And nothing can stop me, not even having a conversation with the last survivor of the Uchiha clan.

I opened my eyes, my confidence once again boosting up. It’s time to put to use my training, my training that was very much different from everyone.

“Excuse me from being an airhead just now” I said, my voice sounding a tad bit cold.

This is how I was trained when conversing with a stranger. It was an action that they implanted in my head that was difficult to eradicate, not that I mind.

I internally sighed, slightly hopeful that the Uchiha wasn’t too mindful.

“Not to worry. I am already used to being around an airhead” he answered that got me a little anime vein on my head.

I know that that is what I said, but there was no need to repeat it as if I was some retard!

But I didn’t let myself show the irritation when I spoke again, instead, I was smiling the smile that hid my true self from the world, never to unravel the deep wound that I was bearing. “Is that so? Anyway, let us started again from the beginning… Hello Sasuke”