Chapter 14: Collecting scrolls and pushing the limits

I dedicate this to “Bakanani” since she’s always been commenting and boy I appreciate it! Thanks!!

Please do:

COMMENT

VOTE: Please!!!!

FAN

I DO NOT OWN NARUTO!!

CHAPTER 14

Loren’s POV

I felt my fingers twitch, which were place above my stomach, as I woke up. I kept my eyes close and recollect what happened to me before sleeping. Like I’m always doing.

‘Okay…the Chounin exam and we passed the first test. Forest of death. Rain ninja. Karin got poi-‘ I trailed off while I literally flinched.

‘That’s right! Karin!’ but instead of getting up, I analyzed first our current situation. I am in a warm cloth that seems to be sleeping bag, I can tell that it’s now dark, I also felt a fire in my right side, Karin on my left side, good. And Suigetsu’s presence is near the fire.

‘Good, we’re still safe’ I thought as I finally opened my eyes.

‘Oh wait…I forgot to remove my contact lens!! I hope its not-! Oh, great it’s not’ I mentally said.

“Uugh” I groaned as I tried to move my body a little.

“Oh great you’re awake” Suigetsu greeted.

“Mhm. So, how’s the situation?” I asked as I ignored the uneasiness of my body and tried to sit up.

“Karin’s fever had gone down from when I was carrying her and her color’s back, though she’s still not waking up” he informed as he threw a chunk of wood in the fire. I saw some roasted fish and I remember that I didn’t ate anything since this morning. And to prove that I’m right, my stomach growled.

“…heheheheh…oops” I nervously laugh. Suigetsu sweat dropped before shaking his head from side to side.

“Come here and eat this” he offered when he plucked the stick fish and gave it to me.

I sat beside him and ate the fish that he offered.

“Have you already eaten?” I asked before taking a bite.

“Uh-huh” he responds. And now that I looked closer, he looks exhausted. He needs to rest, that I am sure.

“Suigetsu” I mumbled.

“Hm?” he responded.

“You can sleep now, I already had mine and my energy is back. It’s your turn to take some rest okay?” I said as I finished my fish. He stared at me for awhile with exhausted eyes before shrugging and standing up. He occupied the sleeping bag that I was on earlier and mumbled his good night.

I got another fish and finished it immediately. I licked my fingers before examining my two teammates who are fast asleep, and then my eyes stayed at Karin’s figure.

‘Normally, Karin shouldn’t be moving for another whole week, but because of her amazing healing ability, I guess she’ll be good within three days. But if we’ll wait for her to recover, our chances of getting an earth scroll will lessen. But I have another choice. By letting Suigetsu guard Karin while I collect or get a scroll’

“…Sounds good to me” I mumbled as I leaned my back in a tree with my hands crossed behind my head.

“So tomorrow I’ll move and get us some scroll. After that I’ll let Suigetsu carry Karin again and proceed to the tower”