Chapter 26: Bonds Part 1

CHAPTER 26

Loren's POV

I gulped the lump in my throat that magically appeared. 'Why do I feel nervous to her?' I thought as I try sorting out my distorted mind thanks to my earlier panic episode.

"L-Lady Tsunade?" I squeaked, shutting my left eyes close and breathing out the air that I hadn't noticed I was suppressing.

Moment of silence passed by before the heat on my necklace immensely spiked up. That doesn't bring good news!

"You braaaat! Why do I always have to deal with a brat like Naruto! And you!  Your due time is today! TODAY! But I still haven't caught a glimpse of your shadow! Where are you right at this moment!?" She exclaimed. And because I am the only one that can hear her, my ears are the only ones that are ringing like crazy!

I shook away the dizziness off of my head before clicking my tongue. Let's face it Loren, I was nervous because I told her that I will be back after two weeks and five days, which is supposed to be today. But hey! I was lazy to travel nonstop so I inserted 'some' rests in between. And one thing, it's like I made an indirect promise to her and as a Giura, we never break a promise even if it will cost us our lives. But as I noted, I didn't literally promised her that so I took my sweet time that I always longed. Sue me.

 Lady Tsunade must've heard me when the heat on my necklace spiked up once again.

"Answer me!" She barked.

I sighed, my nervousness disappearing and weariness replacing.

"I am beyond Sunagakure's boundary. There, happy." I monotonously answered.

"..... W-What did you say? Beyond Sunagakure's boundary!? That is three days worth travel to Konoha!!"

"I told you before to not to worry because for me, that's just a day's travel to get back. And if I hurry like my life is depending on it, I'll get the before sunset"

"Ridiculous......!" She scoffed before continuing more calmly. "Did you succeed with your objective?"

I contemplated for awhile before I finally answered with a satisfied smile.

"Actually, yes, I did" I smiled broadly as I added more under my breath. "With an extra reward"

"Huh? If I may ask, what reward?"

I blinked, becoming silent for a moment. I didn't intended for her to hear that, considering that she was way back in Konoha.

The chakra crystal ball has two uses. It was to communicate with my necklace and for me to feel if the owner is in danger.

The first use, to communicate, requires chakra to connect with my necklace, with the consideration of each other’s distance. The farther they are at each other, the more chakra was needed. And considering Lady Tsunade's distance, she must have put a lot of chakra just to reach me.