twenty-seven

alexis laid on the couch with sidney's head on her chest. her legs were tangled into his as she watched the game highlights on the tv.

soft snores came out of sidney's lips as she played with his damp hair. the highlights on youtube were the only thing about hockey that she paid attention to besides the trades, which made her upset. the penguins traded a round pick for mike hoffman.

alexis had heard of him and he seemed like a nice player, but his wife was not a nice person. every player and wag of the penguins prepared for a disaster and lexi felt like she would get the brunt of it. a player and a girlfriend to the captain.

she sighed and turned off her phone before cuddling into sidney and falling asleep.

****

when she woke up, sidney was gone and there was smoke coming from the kitchen. she quickly got up from the couch and rushed into the kitchen to find sidney frantically airing the stove.

"i was trying to make pancakes like i always do and i uh, don't know what happened," he simplified and ran the pan to the trash can. alexis smiled and turned off the stove before sitting on the floor with tate.

sidney filled up a glass with water and sat in front of alexis with her pills in his large hand.

"thank you," she said after she took them. she kissed him softly and he put his hands on her sides.

"will you come to practice with me today? you don't have to actually practice but we miss you, it's been two weeks."

"sure," she whispered and felt a slight pain in her neck. after her incident, she had a thin scar on the side of her neck that she hated. it only reminded her that she wouldn't be playing for the next month and a half.

she didn't think the injury would make her stay away from hockey for so long but it did. coach sullivan told her that she wouldn't be starting for a while. the spot on her neck was still sensitive and she had to be extra careful so it wouldn't bleed.

alexis followed sidney up the stairs and into their shared walk in closet. she changed into a jacket and sweatpants and grabbed some white sneakers.

"ready?" she asked and looked over to sid. he nodded and slid his arms around her waist.

he kissed her forehead, "i love you."

"i love you too, babe." she smiled into a gentle kiss and grabbed his arm before leading him to the car.