one

matt murray and alexis skated around the ice after their private practice. the brunette took off her gloves and wiped her face, "hey, uh, thanks for prepping me for the rest of the team. i'm really nervous."

"no problem, alexis. i remember when i did my first practice with fleury," he smiled, "which reminds me. you aren't officially a penguin goalie yet, not until you do this." the lanky man picked up speed and flopped onto the ice, sliding on his stomach. alexis grinned, sprinting across the ice before copying matt.

coach sullivan walked out of the tunnel and yelled, "let's wrap it up! juniors are starting soon."

the pair got off of the ice and walked into the locker room. they both took off their gear and alexis was surprised he didn't try to sneak a look at her body, "so you have a wife right?"

"yeah. christina. she's absolutely perfect." he slid a shirt over his upper body and put his chain over it.

"that's nice. i hope i get to meet her." the brunette changed into biker shorts and a skellefte aik shirt from her time in the shl.

"she comes to every game so i'm sure you will." the man's eyes wrinkled as he continued to smile, "i've gotta get going, i'll see you this saturday?"

"yup. see ya." alexis watched him walk out of the room and once the door closed she squealed. it was hard to believe that she was signed to the pittsburgh penguins. it was absolutely groundbreaking.

she walked out of the room and skipped down the hall to the gym. alexis ran on the treadmill until her legs felt like noodles. she sat down on a yoga mat and stretched her tight muscles. her phone buzzed beside her and she sighed.

"hello?"

"babe, don't you think it's time to come home? tate misses you and frankly, so do i." cole spoke from the other side of the phone, playing with his dog in the pet area of their apartment.

alexis stood up and walked down a cold hallway, "i'll be home in twenty. should i expect some food waiting for me?"

"duh! i made lasagna. also... i memorized every player on your team... you know your captain is a hottie."

"sidney is cute. but i know i could never and will never date a teammate."