fourteen

alexis rolled out of bed at 11 a.m. the bus was going to arrive at the hotel in two hours and she needed to find spaghetti before then. she put on a cream sweater over her white shirt and hopped around to pull on her leather pants. she matched her leather pants with boots and walked out of her room, her hands holding onto her phone, wallet, and hotel key. she went down to the hotel's restaurant and sat at the bar.

after she ordered her spaghetti, her phone. started to ring. she smiled, "hey, babes."

"i have something to tell you." cole spoke on the other side of the phone.

"what? is tate ok?" alexis asked, hoping that her minidoodle was fine.

"oh he's perfect. you know how i work at the capital grille?"

"yes and the prices are horrendously high." she rolled her eyes. the water there was five dollars and it was the cheapest thing on the menu.

"there's this really cute chef that just started working here. i think i'm in love." alexis knew he was smiling just from his voice.

"send my pictures. what's his name?"

"cody."

"aww. cody and cole. that's absolutely adorable." she said, taking a sip of her water.

"i know, right?! i sent some pics and oh my god, i'm droolinggg." alexis laughed and he continued, "anyways... do i have to watch your game tonight?"

"nope. i'm not supposed to play. i'm eating spaghetti just in case though."

"your superstitions are the weirdest. i miss making it for you though." she smiled at his words and watched as the waitress sat the plate of spaghetti in front of her.

"i gotta go, my food is here. i love you, cole. see ya when i get home." alexis said innocently, not noticing the fact that sidney and his friends had walked in behind her.

"i love you too, alex."

****

the penguins beat the islanders, 4-3, and the team was buzzing with happiness. alexis sat in the back of the bus with her legs on marcus' lap. she pulled her phone out of her bag and texted sidney.

lex😊 - you coming to my room tonite? - read 7:31

lex😊 - ?? - read 7:49

alexis furrowed her eyebrows and sat her phone down in her lap. he must be tired.

when the bus parked at the entrance of the hotel alexis got out after everyone else. she stood in the rain, letting the water droplets hit her face. she took a deep breath and walked into the hotel. her sneakers squeaked through the lobby and stopped once she got to the stairs.

she jogged up the stairs, not wanting to take the elevator with the rest of the team. alexis dropped her bags in her room and turned around, getting a bad idea.