seven

october 26th

alexis skated off the ice with a smile. she had just gotten her first shutout of her nhl career and she was ecstatic. the stars weren't as happy.

she walked in behind everyone else and the clapped for her. she bowed, "why thank you."

she took off her jersey and kissed the 22 before putting it back on its hanger. she shed all of her gear and kissed her necklace. alexis changed into a sweatshirt and sweatpants.

she answered all of the question the media had for her and joined the team on the bus. she sat down next to sidney and leaned her head against the cold window, ready for another nap.

"hey, we're here." he whispered and she lifted her head from his shoulder.

she wiped her mouth, "sorry."

"it's ok." he smiled softly and they watched the team run into the hotel lobby, not wanting to get their stuff wet. sidney got up and alexis followed him off of the bus. they got their keys from an assistant coach and went to their rooms. alexis took a shower and laid down, falling asleep almost immediately.

****

alexis lifted her head from the car window and yawned, looking towards the ringing phone. her father picked up the phone and looked at it before flipping it open and putting it to his ear.

"this is andreas." her dad answered in finnish and her mom shook her head, not wanting him to be on his phone while driving.

"alex, are you hungry?" her mom looked at her from the passenger seat and alexis involuntarily nodded.

"we'll stop somewhere soon, hun."

alexis' eyes widened, realizing what was happening. "daddy, get off of the phone and watch the road." he ignored her and the young girl started kicking the back of her mom's seat to get her attention, "mommy?"

a tear slipped from the brunettes eye as her father drove into the intersection. a truck came flying down the road and alexis screamed for her family.

the small sedan flipped over and alexis' mom hit her head against the window, "mommy? daddy? wake up!"

her ears filled with a buzzing sound and the memory started over. she screamed the whole time, telling her parents and brother how much she loved them. the ringing in her eyes grew louder and she felt a pain in her leg, making her shout once again.

sidney woke up from the next room over. he heard her screaming and pulled a shirt over his head, grabbing the hotel key and leaving his hotel room.

he knocked on alexis' door and she opened it a minute later. she wiped her wet eyes and looked up at him. he frowned, "are you ok?"

"yeah, it was my tv. sorry." she lied and he looked into her room.

"your tv isn't on." he stated and she laughed dryly.

her eyes filled with tears and he hugged her. she jumped but relaxed after a second, feeling her captain rub her bare back. she sighed before pulling away, "i'm sorry. i shouldn't be crying in front of you."

she rubbed her eyes and looked at the ground, "good night, sid."