nine

october 29th

"fuck off."

"they didn't want you in goal tonight? probably because you shouldn't be in the nhl in the first place. giroux spoke and alexis rolled her eyes.

"skate away or i'll beat your ass." she same calmly, standing up from her metal chair. he smirked and dropped his gloves.

"try me, little bitch." alexis' gloves were already off so she quickly punched him in the jaw and he fell onto the ice, making the crowd cheer loudly.

"skate away." she said again and sat down, watching him get up slowly.

****

alexis sat down at her stall with a bunch of journalists in front of her. she didn't play that night but they all wanted to know why she hit the flyers' captain.

"what happened between you and giroux?"

"he said i didn't belong here and he dropped his gloves so i punched him." she shrugged and heard a laugh from across the room.

"do you think you will be playing in edmonton in four days?"

"honestly, probably not. matt is doing a great job."

****

november 4th

alexis got on the plane and sat across from marcus.

"any more nightmares?" he asked quietly and she looked up from her phone.

"i think they're gone but it may be that i was with cole so i don't know." she shrugged.

"how is he? still dating that actor?"

"he's fine and no, noah cheated on him."

"that sucks. do you think you're playing tonight?"

"no idea."

marc stayed quiet and started watching a movie. alexis pulled up her phone and saw that cole had sent her an article. 'do women belong in the nhl? alexis hall is proving that they do.' alexis grinned and read the article. it had a picture of her hitting giroux and another of him falling to the ground. she screenshotted it and made it her wallpaper.

'hall was the 2nd overall pick and she's proving to be a great hockey player. she played on finlands mens olympic team in 2014, although she was 17, and secured the bronze medal. she led her team, the växjö lakers, to two le mat trophies (the equivalent to the stanley cup in the shl) as captain.

pittsburgh fans seem to love her and they think that she can carry the penguins to the playoffs.'

"boyfriend?" sidney asked, looking irritated.

"um no. it's an article." the smile faded from her face and she look down. what the fuck was his problem? he walked past her and didn't say anything else.

once the team got off of the plane, alexis decided to room with marcus. she got ready for the game put on a white dress and black heels. while they waited for the bus, marcus and alexis played monopoly deal.

she ran a hand through her straightened hair and glanced around the room. she met sidney's eyes and he smiled. she gave him a fake smile back and went back to the game of monopoly.

they rushed to finish the game and ran out to the bus. they were the last on and alexis found an empty row. she sat by herself and put her legs on the seat beside her before taking an iron pill.

"what are those?" jake asked from the seat in front of her.

"iron pills. i have anemia."