eight

alexis sighed and got off of her hotel bed. after she said good night to sidney, she sat in her bed wide awake. she washed her face and put her brown hair in a bun before changing into some leggings and a penguins sweatshirt.

she left her hotel room and went downstairs, getting breakfast and sitting at a table by herself. she pushed her cereal around with her spoon as a few young players came into the dining hall.

alexis dumped her cereal and grabbed a banana, walking to the elevator. she played with her first parents' rings and waited for the elevator to come to the ground floor. the elevator dinged and she looked up. kris, geno, and sid walked out and said a quick hello before walking away.

she went back into her hotel room and curled up on the couch. she got back up an hour later and shoved all of her things into her suitcase and backpack.

alexis walked into the lobby and checked out. after she was done she leaned against a wall and closed her eyes, waiting for the bud to show up.

"good morning." marcus spoke and she opened her eyes.

"mhm."

he frowned, "are you ok, lexi?" she shrugged and her eyes watered. she blinked away her tears and played with her necklace. "oh christ, please tell me the nightmares aren't back."

"i'd be lying." she spoke quietly and he pulled her into a hug. a tear slipped out of her eye, "i'm ok. please don't make a scene."

marcus pulled away and messed up her hair, "if you have problems during a road trip, my door is always open."

"thanks, monkey. i love you." she wiped her eyes.

"i love you too, lexi."

alexis looked around the lobby and locked eyes with sidney. she looked away and stared at the ground until the bud came.

the team piled onto the bud and she was the last to get on. sidney motioned her towards him and she sat down between him and the window.

"why doesn't geno sit with you anymore?"

he shrugged, "i don't know."

"wake me up when we are at the airport please." she leaned her head against the window and he nodded, watching her put her hoodie over her face.

****

alexis woke up with her legs on sidney's lap. she looked around, noticing that she was on the plane.

"what the fuck." she whispered and sidney looked up from his tablet.

"good morning. i know you didn't sleep well last night so i carried you." he said and alexis furrowed her brows. it was extremely odd that he did that for her, especially since all of the team probably saw it.