twenty

one year later

sidney and alexis sat in their kitchen, eating spaghetti as they watched the news. after they finished eating, sidney rinsed the bowls and put them in the dishwasher. alexis turned off the tv and held onto sidney's hand as they went up their stairs and into their shared closet.

she kissed him softly and he smiled into her, his hands on her ass as he picked her up and pressed her against the wall.

"sex after our game?" he asked, moving his hips onto hers.

"of course." she kissed him again before putting her feet on the ground, "we have to get ready."

"one more kiss." he whispered, pecking her lips and leaning his forehead against hers.

"what should i wear tonight? i'm thinking that my teal blazer and a black dress would look cute."

"you look good in everything." sidney smiled at his girlfriend and shed his pajamas, changing into navy suit pants and a white dress shirt. he buttoned it up slowly, watching alexis strip off her clothes and put on a dress.

she took put the green suit jacket over her arms and looked at sidney's tie collection. she picked up a navy tie and put it around his neck, tying it for him quickly, "you look handsome."

"and you look gorgeous." he kissed her forehead before grabbing a navy blazer and putting it on.

the couple said goodbye to tate and left their home. sidney locked the door and followed alexis to their cars. she kissed his cheek, "i'll see you in a few minutes."

"not if i see you first."

the pair never drove together. maybe that was why no one knew about them, they never arrived at games in the same car, they didn't share a hotel room, and they didn't kiss or hold hands near anyone. whenever they were with the team, sidney sat with his friends while alexis sat with hers.

once alexis finished her pre game routine the media person pulled her aside and connected a mic to her jersey.

"hey, crosby." alexis said as she stood by his stall. he tilted his head and she showed him her mic, "be careful today. don't want any slip ups, eh?"

he nodded and she smiled before covering the mic and looking around the mostly empty locker room, "i love you."

"i love you too, bunny."

****

"does your coach know you're out here? you've been traded around more than a hooker." alexis yelled as zac rinaldo was pulled off of sidney. he looked at her and zoomed towards her. he hit the brunette's face and she jumped on him.

she punched his face until she was pulled off of him by sidney. he turned me around and lexi looked at his worried expression.

"im fine, sid." alexis said, wiping the blood from her lip.

"you need to get that checked, ok bunny?" he said in a rough voice.

she covered the mic, "you're hot when you talk like that."

he smiled and pushed her towards the bench. thankfully it was the intermission between 2nd and 3rd period so she could take a pill and get her nose checked out. while she was getting my nose checked out, alexis called the the media manager in.

"hey, you know how im mic'd up?" he nodded, "after I got pulled away from rinaldo, some stuff was said and it needs to be cut out immediately."

"ok?" he said in a questioning tone and walked out of the trainers room.

she sighed and the trainer realigned her nose. "vittu."

a tear slid down her cheek and she walked out of the room. alexis sat at her stall and listened to coach sullivan speak about whatever was going on with the defense. the team had about a five minutes left to stretch and rest so she went to a back room and sat on the ground.

sidney came in a few seconds later and closed the door behind him. he plopped down in front of alexis and pulled her into a hug. he kissed all over her face and smiled before pulling away, "im ok, sid. it isn't the first time ive fucked up my nose."

"i was worried, you don't usually get into fights..." he said and held her hand.

"im fine, sid. i promise." she told him and kissed him softly.

someone cleared their throat and alexis pulled away from sidney quickly. she dropped his hand and geno stood at the door with a blank face.

"why you not tell me?" he asked loudly and coach sullivan came up behind him.

"is it time for you guys to tell us yet?" he asked, making alexis' jaw drop.

"i don't know what you're talking about." she lied and hid her red cheeks, "we should get back on the ice."