fifteen

alexis stepped out of the tattoo parlor with a new tattoo on her wrist. it was still pouring but she didn't mind. the city was full of bright neon signs and noise and alexis loved it. well, she loved it until she was pulled into an alley.

"what the fuck." she screamed as two guys put their hands all over her.

"hey, cutie. couldn't help but notice you staring."

"let go of me." she backed up against a wall. she pushed them away and one of the men hit her cheek. alexis kicked them both between the legs and ran out of the alley. she ran until she reached the hotel. her cheek was bleeding and she felt like she was going to pass out. she clicked the elevator button repeatedly and stepped in.

once it stopped at her floor she got out and pounded on marc's door, trying to keep herself from falling. he opened the door with a confused look and alexis fell into his arms, "i'm gonna pass out."

alexis woke up twelve hours later to marcus cleaning her cut. he looked worried, "what happened?"

"some guys tried to jump me." she whispered, sitting up and blinking slowly, "thank you."

"yeah. we have to get going soon, are you ok?"

"i'm ok." she gave him a small smile and he hugged her.

"good. what were you doing out so late? you can't do that in new york."

"i know. i wanted to get a tattoo and if i waited for the morning i wouldn't do it."

"you're crazy, lexi."

"maybe." she shrugged, getting off of the bed, "im gonna go get my stuff from my room."

the pair headed towards the elevator ten minutes later and ran through the lobby, not wanting to miss the bus. they made it with only a minute to spare and got onto the bus. they sat together in the front, not wanting to bother the players in the back who were sleeping.

the team moved from the bus to the plane and alexis was the last on. she made eye contact with sidney and put her hoodie over her head, hoping the shadow would cover her cut cheek.