When trouble knocks on your door

Having been staying for almost 3 weeks at Marinette's kingdom, it was already time for them to head back to the vampires' kingdom. Adrien was feeling kinda homesick while Marinette was a little sad to leave her parents and her friends once again.

"Don't be sad Mari, you will definitely come visit us again isn't that right son?" Asked Marinette's mother.

"Ah- yeah of course whenever she wants!" He exclaimed ready to leave. "It was nice spending the past 3 weeks here!"

"You're welcome to come back anytime you want! We enjoyed your company!" Marinette's father said.

They bid their goodbyes and went back to their kingdom. Marinette was very exhausted from the trip so the moment they reached she decided to go and have a nap while Adrien went out for his usual 'hunt' or so he says.

"You sure like to hunt a lot." Marinette said.

"It's fun! And I get to hangout with the people I know!" He said excitedly. "Why don't you hangout with us and then have your nap?"

"I'm too tired to go out!" She said. "And besides what will I get from the hunting it's not like I'm a vampire that needs blood!"

"You'd just hangout with us and you'd get to know some new people!" He said. "Oh well, I won't force you since you look like a zombie."

"Sorry for being a zombie that hasn't gotten a decent sleep for centuries!" She rolled her eyes.

"Alright I'll leave you to sleep then goodbye." He said and walked out leaving her to go to dreamland.

By the time she woke up, Adrien was already back home. "You're back already?"

"What do you mean? It's not like I'm early you've been sleeping for 8 hours already." He laughed.

"Wh-what? 8 hours? Why didn't you wake me up?" She shouted.

"Believe me I tried but I ended up with a slap on my face and some curses." He said and pointed towards his cheek which seemed normal to her.

The conversation didn't go any longer than that because a visitor decided to show up who turned out to be Luka.

"Hello Marinette and Adrien!" He greeted smiling.

"Hey Luka, how are you?" Marinette asked.

"Quite good and you?" He asked.

"Good!" She said.

"What are you doing here?" Adrien asked annoyed.

"Just came to welcome back my friend and his wife!" Luka smiled.

Adrien rolled his eye and was about to say something when Marinette cut in and told them to sit down and have a meal with his parents.

"So, how was your trip?" Asked Adrien's father.

"Different!" He replied.

"It was fun, we did a lot of things back there that even Adrien seemed to enjoy." She replied.

"Glad to hear that!" His father said. "And how have you been Luka?"

"Quite good! Work has been tiring lately." He sighed.

"Good luck with your work." The queen Adrien's mother said.

"Thank you!" He said.

After meal time they decided to hang out a little. "So, how's things going with Chloe?" Luka asked.

"Haven't seen her in a while!" Adrien said. "Have you?"

"Yesterday, she came by to get some things and that was it." He said.

"Good that you didn't suffer!" Marinette laughed.

"Suffer? She's pretty sweet!" He said.

"Her? Her and sweet in the same sentence don't work!" Marinette shook her head in disbelief.

"She's not that bad! Like I haven't seen any meanness from her." Luka said.

"Good you haven't! It's been a long 2 weeks the time she spent with us that it was driving me insane." Marinette said.

"Why? What did you do?" He asked curiously.

"Long story, she pretty much hates me for stealing Adrien from her." She sighed.

"W-wait she likes Adrien? I had no clue." He said sadly.

"Not like, but we were kinda engaged!" Adrien said.

"Nope, she liked you! If she didn't she wouldn't have caused me all of that misery." Marinette said.

"Tha-that's new to me." Luka said with a pained expression.

"You like her?" Marinette asked.

He nodded. "Yeah, it's been a while now!"

"I'm sorry!" Adrien said.

Luka shook his head. "It's not your fault, I should've known better."

"Still I should've told you, you didn't even know we were engaged before!" Adrien said apologetically.

"I, I should get back to the shop before customers start to fill the place. Have a nice day you two!" He said and went.

They didn't expect the news they heard especially since Adrien thought that Luka might have a crush on Marinette. He felt a bit relieved but sad for his friend.

"That was not expected!" Marinette sighed.